Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fonfix phone repairs

Options
  • 06-02-2011 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭

hi just wondering if anyone has any experiance with these?
    http://www.mprc.ie/

found a link to them on vodafones website last night.
    i have a sony ericsson w595 i dropped it and the screen is smashed would they be able to repair it how much would i be looking at paying to fix the phone wouldn't be more than 100euro surely?:)
    thanks for any info that you may have .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They would be able to fix it, but you could be talking about €90 for parts and labour if you damaged it yourself. They do warranty repairs for free. You can also try fonemenders or others

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Oasis678

jay there are other places you could get this done for half that price. pm me if u want details dont know if im allowed to post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Hi thanks for the replies i have e-mailed them they have told that it will cost 60euro to fix the screen .which doesnt seem to bad really.
    i do like this phone and defo want it repaired tough!
    is there anywhere that might be even cheaper than this Oasis678 ?do you know of anywhere ?:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

You could try fonemenders jay but they prob charge ya the same price i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Just some feedback on these guys. My Vodafone iPhone (under warranty) packed in today. Dropped it around to these guys and they had it diagnosed and replaced with a new phone in 2hrs. Cost me EUR15 - they charge this fee for drop-ins (it's free if you send it to your phone retail store and they send it on - this was faster as I work in Sandyford, and worth the EUR15). All in all an excellent service. Recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

m_stan wrote: »
    Just some feedback on these guys. My Vodafone iPhone (under warranty) packed in today. Dropped it around to these guys and they had it diagnosed and replaced with a new phone in 2hrs. Cost me EUR15 - they charge this fee for drop-ins (it's free if you send it to your phone retail store and they send it on - this was faster as I work in Sandyford, and worth the EUR15). All in all an excellent service. Recommended.

Did you need the receipt with you when you gave it in or did they just do it by the apple site? Just incase anything ever happens to mine. :cool:

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Did you need the receipt with you when you gave it in or did they just do it by the apple site? Just incase anything ever happens to mine. :cool:

No receipt needed. They took all the details from the faulty phone itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Thanks for that. So they gave you a new iPhone and fixed your old faulty one? €15 seems a really good price for that. :)

They diagnosed that the phone was beyond a simple repair and replaced it under warranty with a brand new phone. Kept the old one obviously. 15 EUR handling charge. 2hr turnaround (in person drop-off and collect in Sandyford). I was pretty happy with that TBH!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have used these guys on many occasions though that's the first I've heard of the €15 charge for drop-in repairs, I've given them umpteem Nokias for warranty repairs and never had to pay but my most recent visit was about a year ago when they were still operating as MPRC (Mobile Phone Repair Centre), the people in Fonfix must have come up with the idea of charging walk-in punters.

+1

When you give them a phone the person on reception takes out the battery and scans the barcode, that's how they can tell if it's still under warranty or not, I've never been asked for a receipt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement