Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banned from the hip hop forum for no reason

• 06-02-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Apparently im trolling and insulting mods,i categorically deny doing anything of the such.
    in fact id go as far as saying im being targeted by certain posters in the attempt to draw me into a reaction.
    ive bitten my lip and not being in any way abusive to other posters,considering i was receiving abuse myself.

to me it seems a couple of posters call the shots,if one says im trolling the mods seem to get on the case.
    thats the only way i can read it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hugh Cream first came to my attention with this post which displays an attitude that I can't stand. There's nothing in any music forum's charter that says only fans of certain genres may post in those forums.

Then we see threads like this started. In my opinion this thread was designed to do nothing more than wind up other posters. It's the equivalent of going into the Fitness forum and saying the bench press is shit or going into the Rock & Metal forum and saying Metallica are shit. Unless you've got a coherent and persuasive argument, most posters on the forum are going to disagree with you.

This:
    my stance is i dont get them,horrible lyrics with horrible voices,all that tibet shyt was boring as well.
    was neither coherent nor persuasive.

Then we get this comment in relation to a thread about a song related to the Jewish-Palestinian conflict. Why bother posting that except because you know people will respond to it and drag the thread off-topic?

Lastly we get this comment in a thread where the OP is showcasing their own music. Note the classic troll technique of insult followed by slight denial of the insult by writing "I'm not saying that's you".

In my opinion the ban is justified but I would like an admin to review this case as I'd rather not be accused of bias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

is there any chance that i can actually see these posts of mine so i can at least reply to them?

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    is there any chance that i can actually see these posts of mine so i can at least reply to them?
    Yep, if you log out and then revisit this thread e.g. by clicking here you should be able to then click on the links in my previous post and see the threads in question. If you don't want to go to the trouble of logging out then you can simply visit the site in a different browser e.g. if you normally use Internet Explorer, use Firefox instead or vice versa.

Malice wrote: »
    Hugh Cream first came to my attention with this post which displays an attitude that I can't stand. There's nothing in any music forum's charter that says only fans of certain genres may post in those forums.

Then we see threads like this started. In my opinion this thread was designed to do nothing more than wind up other posters. It's the equivalent of going into the Fitness forum and saying the bench press is shit or going into the Rock & Metal forum and saying Metallica are shit. Unless you've got a coherent and persuasive argument, most posters on the forum are going to disagree with you.

This:

was neither coherent nor persuasive.

Then we get this comment in relation to a thread about a song related to the Jewish-Palestinian conflict. Why bother posting that except because you know people will respond to it and drag the thread off-topic?

Lastly we get this comment in a thread where the OP is showcasing their own music. Note the classic troll technique of insult followed by slight denial of the insult by writing "I'm not saying that's you".

In my opinion the ban is justified but I would like an admin to review this case as I'd rather not be accused of bias.
    ok off the bat i think its a bit of a snakes move to use previous posts of mine that has nothing to do with why i received a ban last night,thats a bit low imo.
    as for the beastie boys thread,its an opinion,i cant be banned for claiming someone is shyt.
    let me ask you a question and id appreciate an honest answer:if i started a thread saying "soulja boy is shyt" would your opinion be the same,and would you use it in this argument?
    take into account that you dont know me personally and can not claim to know what you think my agenda was.

tbh i think this proves theres an agenda against me because everything you have posted is based on personal opinion.
    your a mod saying you think i should be banned because i said the beastie boys are shyt,i questioned why a non rap fan would enter the rap forum,i let it be known that politics has no place any where other than a political forum and i was proved right with the way that thread turned out,and i said someone reminded me of the rubber bandits.
    most of this happened last month btw.

again ill go on record as saying i think a few posters call the shots on the hip hop forum and unfortunately the mods seem to be in their pockets.

would it be possible to see the post where i am supposed to have abused a mod please?

i think this is the thread that i supposedly abused a mod in,ive gone over it and in no way shape or form did i abuse a mod,im actually offended that im being accused of it tbh.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056133308&page=3
    i also did not troll the forum so i think its conclusive that this ban has to be lifted.

• Advertisement

sorry to keep adding to this but ive just gone over the beastie boys thread and as i remember,most people saw the name of the poster and just replied,that wernt even beastie boy fans,didnt even comment on why i was wrong,just made insulting replies because it was me.
    a number of people did reply who obviously were beastie fans,and were not as offended as the mods and those who usually pick at my posts,no matter what the topic is.
    those who were fans and not offended replied to me as if we were having an adult conversation free of pettiness.

im sorry i need to reword something,ive been saying "abused" when what i was accused of was "insulting mods"
    my bad but its much of a muchness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hi,

I'll have a read over the linked posts and threads and post back here later today.

LoLth

any word on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Hi there. I will look into this tonight when I get home.

• Advertisement

ok off the bat i think its a bit of a snakes move to use previous posts of mine that has nothing to do with why i received a ban last night,thats a bit low imo.
    Why do you think that? As I mentioned at the start of this thread, I don't post in the Hip-Hop forum and you had never come to my attention previously so I have to go through your post history to form an opinion of you as a poster. How else am I supposed to do it? Use a Magic 8-ball?
    as for the beastie boys thread,its an opinion,i cant be banned for claiming someone is shyt.
    let me ask you a question and id appreciate an honest answer:if i started a thread saying "soulja boy is shyt" would your opinion be the same,and would you use it in this argument?
    take into account that you dont know me personally and can not claim to know what you think my agenda was.
    You weren't banned for criticising the Beastie Boys, you already know that. If you started a thread saying "soulja boy is shyt" my opinion would be the same. Lay out your justification so that a mature discussion can take place with other users on the site then there is no issue.

Posting something like this on the other hand
    i dont get them,horrible lyrics with horrible voices,all that tibet shyt was boring as well.

will just annoy other people and lead to threads like the Beastie Boys one where it took 10 posts before someone posted something worth reading.
    Hugh Cream wrote:
    tbh i think this proves theres an agenda against me because everything you have posted is based on personal opinion.
    Again, how else am I supposed to make a judgement in this situation? Should I meet you for a pint some night? I don't know your posting history, I don't know the moderators of the Hip-Hop forum and I don't know the general posting style of poster in the Hip-Hop forum because I don't visit it. To be clear, I'm not automatically on the Hip-Hop moderators side at all. In fact if you check the DRP forum you'll see I overruled one of the moderator's decisions recently. Now admittedly I've had dealings with you as a poster which is why I've requested an admin to review this to avoid a potential accusation of bias. The admins have agreed that I should respond to the post that you have directed towards me first however.
    Hugh Cream wrote:
    your a mod saying you think i should be banned because i said the beastie boys are shyt
    Please provide evidence where I said that.
    Hugh Cream wrote:
    i questioned why a non rap fan would enter the rap forum
    Yes and you did it in an argumentative and obnoxious way. It's not your fault but I absolutely can't stand that sort of attitude amongst music fans and so I tend to react negatively towards it when I see it.
    Hugh Cream wrote:
    i let it be known that politics has no place any where other than a political forum and i was proved right with the way that thread turned out,and i said someone reminded me of the rubber bandits.
    most of this happened last month btw.
    I don't mean this to sound as smart as it probably does but what has this got to do with anything?
    Hugh Cream wrote:
    ill go on record as saying i think a few posters call the shots on the hip hop forum and unfortunately the mods seem to be in their pockets.
    Please PM me with evidence of this and I can take it further. As I said earlier, I'm not automatically on the side of the moderators. If you provide the evidence we can do something about it.
    Hugh Cream wrote:
    would it be possible to see the post where i am supposed to have abused a mod please?
    Sure, it was probably for this post.

If I was a moderator I would have at the minimum infracted you for that but given your post history a ban was in order especially given your recent ban from the same forum.

Two people have said they will get back to me regarding a decision,are they deciding if the ban be over turned or is malice?
    As for malice,he is basing his opinion on posts that were made over a month ago,which as I said have nothing to do with why I received this ban.

Maybe he should go over everyones post history,surely he'd see we've all said things that could be held against us?

Sure, it was probably for this post.

If I was a moderator I would have at the minimum infracted you for that but given your post history a ban was in order especially given your recent ban from the same forum.
    What can I say,if you feel that is insulting and you think it's deserving of an infraction I feel my days are doomed if you have any say in the decision.

To me that is totally acceptably and not in the slightest insulting,definitely not as insulting as deserving a ban.

Btw:how else am I supposed to make a judgment on the situation,should I meet you for a pint some night??????
    Use a magic 8 ball????

A bit patronising but I won't hold it against you,it's not like you've gone out of your way to form a one sided opinion or anything.

I also think it's worth pointing out that I've seen a few threads on here about the the hip hop forum.
    I've also seen one guy talk about one thing I've mentioned,the fact that certain poster/posters try and goad you into a response.
    I'd appreciate if every post in a thread was taking into account,rather than just looking at mine the way malice has been doing.

Hugh Cream wrote:
    As for malice,he is basing his opinion on posts that were made over a month ago,which as I said have nothing to do with why I received this ban.
    I've already told you why I'm did that. If you just want to ignore what I wrote then so be it.
    Hugh Cream wrote:
    Maybe he should go over everyones post history,surely he'd see we've all said things that could be held against us?
    Everyone's post history isn't the issue here on this thread, yours is, especially as to how it relates to the ban you received. You are the one disputing your ban. Unless you're not disputing your ban any more and you just want to move this to a general feedback thread?
    What can I say,if you feel that is insulting and you think it's deserving of an infraction I feel my days are doomed if you have any say in the decision.
    The only person that's going to doom your days on the forum is you. The moderators of a forum are there to keep the peace, enforce the forum charter and generally keep things running as smoothly as possible. It's a general rule throughout the site that you don't question moderator decisions on thread. If you've a problem with a moderator's decision PM them. If you don't agree with the response then contact the appropriate Category Moderator. In the Music category that's me.
    Hugh Cream wrote:
    A bit patronising but I won't hold it against you,it's not like you've gone out of your way to form a one sided opinion or anything.
    Again you seem to be ignoring what I wrote previously. If you think my opinion is one-sided then so be it. You haven't given me any reason to change it.

Now, you've ignored a bunch of questions that were in my previous post so I don't think there is a lot more that I can do here. No doubt we could go around in circles with this but I think I will just await the admin response.

Now, you've ignored a bunch of questions that were in my previous post so I don't think there is a lot more that I can do here. No doubt we could go around in circles with this but I think I will just await the admin response.
    im sorry i wasnt aware i was under investigation here,are you carrying out a questions and answers or are you just stating your opinion?
    i am new to this but as far as i was aware,the admin has a look at the posts in question and then makes a decision,am i also open to public questioning?

im sorry i wasnt aware i was under investigation here
    Well how else do you propose I familiarise myself with your dispute without investigating your posts? Please do let me or the admins know if you have improvements for the Dispute Resolution Process to suggest.
    Hugh Cream wrote:
    are you carrying out a questions and answers or are you just stating your opinion?
    Both.
    Hugh Cream wrote:
    i am new to this but as far as i was aware,the admin has a look at the posts in question and then makes a decision,am i also open to public questioning?
    You're not open for public questioning, you know that. I'm not the public, I'm the Category Moderator of the Music section. If you don't want me to continue to respond then stop posting questions for me to answer.

Can someone actually clear up who makes the final decision here?
    Two people have told me that they would look over the issue and get back to me.
    Now malice is telling me,in a patronising manner,that he needs to ask me questions in order for him to familiarise himself with my case.

Clarification of malices role,and the appropriateness of public accusations(not questions)would be greatly appreciated please.

If it has been decided malice is the person investigating the ban is it possible someone else could take over because he's obviously made up his mind already?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

This alone is enough to warrant a ban.
    That thread was set up for no other reason than to wind people up.

The ban stands.

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote: »
    This alone is enough to warrant a ban.
    That thread was set up for no other reason than to wind people up.

The ban stands.
    I'm in shock,I must admit the forum is a joke,I'll more than likely receive a full ban for this but **** it I'm not sure I want to be apart of a forum where the mods are so corrupt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

I'll more than likely receive a full ban for this but **** it I'm not sure I want to be apart of a forum where the mods are so corrupt.
    Well, you can make that decision when the ban is up.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement