Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on wisdom alarms

Options
  • 06-02-2011 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Im thinking of getting the wisdom alarm (like the one at the bottom of this page http://www.allwatchalarms.ie/burglar-alarms-page.html) installed.

Not minding my particular house is the wisdom alarm itself up to the challenge? what are the strengths and weaknesses of this alarm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I would be looking at getting the Agility over the older wisdom installed. It is a cheap enough system for components. Also make sure the system you get installed uses the 868 frequency for its wire free sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Nothing wrong with the wisdom, it's a good panel and there are some nice deals on it atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 cathpa

I know this alarm is one of the more cheaper models available but if thats the case what do the newer more expensive brands such as HKC offer then?

Are wisdom alarms immune to gsm blocker attacks?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

cathpa wrote: »

Nothing that uses GSM frequency is immune.
    The only solution is polling of the device at regular intervals to see if its still sending signals .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

cathpa wrote: »
    I know this alarm is one of the more cheaper models available but if thats the case what do the newer more expensive brands such as HKC offer then?

The HKC is a more up to date panel. It can take wired plus wire free devices, uses two way wireless technology. There is nothing wrong with the wisdom but I would be looking to get the newer Agility panel installed rather than the wisdom.

No GSM is immune to a blocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

For text monitoring and home automation the gsm will be fine as long as you know the risks associated with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarokeeffe

Hi
    I am after getting a quote for a wisdom
    House alarm in naas. I am just wondering if anyone has any feedback on it ? I have just bought my first house so obviously want something not too expensive but good quality.

Advertisement