Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant connect to Xbox Live with Belkin Surf+ N300 F7D2401

• 06-02-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

My old Zyxel router died and I bought a Belkin Surf+ N300 F7D2401
    I have a wired connection straight into the router and I cant connect to XBox Live.
    Normal PC internet connection is fine, so the router is working.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Did you have the connection setup manually on the Xbox?
    If you did, and the gateway address of the Belkin is different than the Zyxel's, that could be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Turn ur firewall on router off and try connect, if u can connect its the fw, you will need portforward and get ur xbox through the nat

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭HighWire

I got on to Belkin and they replied with a set of instructions.
    Followed it to the letter.
    IP address, ports the lot.
    Got messages back about not being able to contact Xbox servers because of DNS, set those after getting from NSLOOKUP.
    Giving out about MTU settings but its set to 1492 so thats higher than the minimum.
    Asked them straight out if it was compatible with the xbox, see what I get back.
    Thinking of taking it back tbh, doesnt do what it says on the tin.
    I asked the guy does it work with Xbox and he said yeah, just have to plug it in. Yeah right.

Advertisement