Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Market errors - Unknown reason -18

• 06-02-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭

Unable to update some apps today - keep getting an error and updates are unsuccessful. Been happening since early today.
    I have enough space and things are downloading fine but then I am getting - Unknown reason -18.
    Anyone else seeing this today - an ideas on a fix?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Haven't seen that before but you could try clearing the cache of the market app.

Its known to fix some issues if apps aren't downloading.

Homescreen > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market and select clear cache.

Let us know if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hazbot

I had a similar problem a while back, or at least, was getting the same -18 error.

The fix was to mount the SD card on a computer using USB cable and delete a particular file. Can't remember where I saw the original fix but here's a link with the same info:

http://blog.longdarktechtime.com/2010/10/random-android-apps-fail-to-install-on.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I'm having this issue the last couple of days (since went to update Angry birds!) and the file on the sd card you delete as above I discovered the fix on the Google site/forums. not done it yet as the cable is in work but will be tried tomorrow. shall report back then if it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Thanks all
    After a bit of Goggling I found the answer seems to be remove a file in ./android_secure folder called smdl2tmpl.asec

found some info here http://androidforums.com/desire-support-troubleshooting/242617-apps-not-updating-unknown-reason-18-a.html

A bit techie for someone really but I suppose thats why Android is so good - its open and you are always going to run into issues but there is lots of help out there. Unlike some other OS's that are locked down Android is really open and great in my opinion:)

just to confirm, the fix works and my nexus one is back to being awesome!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭davehey79

Having this problem tryin to update angry birds but can't find the file people are referring to when I mount it. Anyone have this happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

eoferrall wrote: »
    I'm having this issue the last couple of days (since went to update Angry birds!) and the file on the sd card you delete as above I discovered the fix on the Google site/forums. not done it yet as the cable is in work but will be tried tomorrow. shall report back then if it works.

Yep same here for AB I found out by just un-mounting the card you can then install/update and re mount. Worked on SGS and Dell Streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

no, you only need to mount to computer (or if you have rooted I think you can delete straight from SD card, but probably safer to unmount from phone, delete on computer and remount on phone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Does anyone else use the market on google chrome?? Theres been a certificate error for the last month or so! Crazy stuff.

Also, I was getting that error -18 last night too, but it just went away. Though I think its coz I use App2SD Free and every time you load that it asks do you want to clear the cache. I think doing this will possibly fix the issue too, since I'm not getting error -18 now.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Does anyone else use the market on google chrome?? Theres been a certificate error for the last month or so! Crazy stuff.

I get this too, always thought it was a bit weird that a google application would dislike a google website! thought I was the only one!:pac:

Advertisement