Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batch signature photo's

• 06-02-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

I got this video off the net about batch marking photographs, but unfortunately it was saying things about sharpening objects, and I went and did the same to my own, as well as putting in my signature. My problem was that I think the photo's are now wrecked (from trying it twice [stupidly on my part]).

All I want to know is how can you put your sig in the corner correctly and have it do the same in the others (in a certain folder) in the same place?

I am using CS3 btw.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I use automate for my signatures. Basically when I am putting a watermark on an image it means it is for the web, which also means I want to size it down.

So say every image is cropped to 8x12 in my case, I then make an action to size down, and watermark my image. The thing is, portrait and landscape differ so my main action is for portrait then I have a secondary action for landscape. I open all images I want to watermark and run on automated batch on the opened files leaving them open. I have my save as action set to where I want them to go so I click the save action for portratis and with landscapes I click my water part 2 and then save as.

It sounds complicated but it isnt at all and only takes a few minutes. Basically all you need is 3 actions, save as which is saving to a new folder named water within the original folder.
    Watermark, main resize and watermark
    Watermark step 2 which adapts to landscape.

I am sure you could build a watermark action where you place the watermark in the centre of the image and it will work for both portrait and landscape.

Heres an example of one of mine.

168188_1755816585194_1532348992_2569624_7213983_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Watching - if anyone has done this in GIMP too, could they share the secret?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

This is a superb tutorial on creating a watermark on your images of all sizes.

http://vimeo.com/2498426

Advertisement