Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pubs in Limerick for a hen?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi all,
    I'm organising a hen weekend in March for my friend who's about to tie the knot. Can anyone recommend some good, fun, hen-friendly pubs please? We will be a large group of around 20 - 25 people. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Clohessey's Bar I think cater for Hen parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

If you havnt sorted accomodation yet... I saw on The strand Hotels' website a great package for hens

168641_10150405676370118_214198570117_16967721_931372_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

If you havnt sorted accomodation yet... I saw on The strand Hotels' website a great package for hens

168641_10150405676370118_214198570117_16967721_931372_n.jpg
    That's excellent value and a great location too IMO

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bitchy posts deleted.
    Let's get a few more decent suggestions for hen night venues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Hi OP,

if you don't know Limerick, the two main areas for pubs are the "Market Quarter" and Thomas Street. About a five minute walk from one area to the other.

the Market Quarter has more pubs so you can wander between them. Places like Nancy Blakes and Flannery's are late bars and both are near night clubs like the Icon, Angel Lane and Trinity Rooms. There's other, smaller bars in the Quarter like O'Connell's, Cobblestone Joe's etc.

Thomas street on the otherhand has less pubs but, imo, places like Bourkes and Mickey Martins are better pubs than you find in the Market Quarter. Probably not as suited to a Hen as the Market Quarter but it depends on the crowd you have.

Aside from those, Dolans on the Dock road is a great pub but it's very far from the rest of town, and Clohessy's and the Sinbin (nightclub) are on the riverbank. too much like a superpub for my liking but it might suit a hen party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lickle mushroom

:) Thanks Amazo and Bazz for all the brilliant suggestions for bars! Will definately be paying all those a visit! Thanks a mill Amiable and Limerick Lass too. Checked out The Strand but was booked out for our dates (11th & 12th March) so we booked The Clarion instead. They have a similar deal. Do ye think the location of the Clarion is any good?
    ... Looking forward to heading to Limerick now. From all I'm hearing I'd say it will be great craic! :D

Thanks Amazo and Bazz for all the brilliant suggestions for bars! Will definately be paying all those a visit! Thanks a mill Amiable and Limerick Lass too. We have booked The Clarion already for a similar deal as The Strand was booked out. :)
    Looking forward to it now. I'd say it will be great craic! :D
    No problem. Do yourself and your friends a favour OP and get taxis back to the hotel. Its very close but it would just be safer and better for all of you. Have a great time

By the way you will have to pass near enough Clohessy's to get to the city centre from the hotel:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lickle mushroom

amiable wrote: »
    By the way you will have to pass near enough Clohessy's to get to the city centre from the hotel:D

Good to know. Thanks a mill. Will definately be taking taxis anyway. I'd imagine the girls' heels will be of the 'car to bar' variety! :) :P

Advertisement