Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pav wants out..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

i'd let him go provided we got majority of 13.8m we paid for him , if im honest anything over 10m and i'll gift wrap him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

BERBA wrote: »
    i'd let him go provided we got majority of 13.8m we paid for him , if im honest anything over 10m and i'll gift wrap him

Be lucky to get 8 id say unless it's one of the rich russian clubs..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

*nods in agreement* - but only if we have a replacement lined up first!

Looking at Wiki, he has a one goal per 3 game average for spurs and nearly a 1 in 2 career average. He's hugely frustrating at times but he can do nothing for 80min and then score a brillant goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Take Care Pav, I wouldn't have anything against him. He tried it just didn't click for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Ah Pav, loved him! Did my head in sometimes but he's such a classy man! Wouldn't hold it against him if he was to hand in a transfer request and then leave, he scored some great goals for us over the past few years. I'd be expecting at least £10m for him, not worth selling him otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

ziedth wrote: »
    Take Care Pav, I wouldn't have anything against him. He tried it just didn't click for him.

Tried what? Not getting stuck in anyway. Pity he didn't try and get his finger out cos he's undoubedly talented and the best finisher at the club. Though thats not much to write home about. He's as lazy as sin pity he didn't go during the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Agree totally with yiddo59. Get a replacement and let him go. You have to watch him live to see how lazy he can be

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

True, I don't mean that he's a Gary Doherty of All heart and no skill.

I'd want 8-10m at least going by Bent/Carrols money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

One of my favourite spurs players ! scores some fantastic goals... to be hoenst i think we have a major problem with our team selection, i dont think pav was given a fair crack at it... its tough to come into a team and play the odd game or 10 minutes here and there !
    If he had of been given 4 or 5 starts and given a few more 90 minutes on the pitch i think he could have been fantastic ! looks like harry just dislikes him. I understand he is lazy but he is also very talented. we seen his goal run last year 8 goals in 8 games(most of which from sub apperances) and then he's benched yet again!
    shame to see him go if he does... loved his time here tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Emoran wrote: »
    One of my favourite spurs players ! scores some fantastic goals... to be hoenst i think we have a major problem with our team selection, i dont think pav was given a fair crack at it... its tough to come into a team and play the odd game or 10 minutes here and there !
    If he had of been given 4 or 5 starts and given a few more 90 minutes on the pitch i think he could have been fantastic ! looks like harry just dislikes him. I understand he is lazy but he is also very talented. we seen his goal run last year 8 goals in 8 games(most of which from sub apperances) and then he's benched yet again!
    shame to see him go if he does... loved his time here tho :)

IM with you on this one, i think hes the best finish at the club by far, he needs a run of games and some good service. Dont care if he is lazy, hes a striker, when he plays he scores. Best goal for minutes ratio of the strikers i think?
    And in fairness, his belter against young boys was a life safer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

pav is a spoilt immature kid. he has disappeared off the scene for a while, i wonder why. he obviously wasnt making an effort in training. his comments yesterday were pathetic

"if i try my best in training , i still dont get a game " - note the word "if", obvioulsy most of the time in training he dosent try very hard

"redknapp jeers me" - what a stupid comment to make

when he joined first all he was saying was " im at spurs for life" then a few months later " i need to get out of spurs " - 6 months ago it was " i want a new contract cos im at spurs for life" - now its "i want out "

the guy is a great finisher but he is spoilt and a drama queen. we dont need this kind of player at the club

compare him to corluka and niko , especially corluka. he was dropped, keeps training hard and gets back in the team. harry said that niko trains every day like his life depended on it. thats what you want in a squad.

i have lost all respect for pav and harry dosent like him either. at the end of the interview he said if pav has a problem he needs to talk to the chairman, he is super pav isnt he?? he dosent like the guy and note he didnt say pav can come to me, he said the chairman

anyway enough said, pav out!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Pav or his agent have ran the flag up the pole quite a few times.Moody as hell, I'd say, but we have three strikers, and Crouch has some injury or other now. We need him for three games on the road- he can score from nothing. Already o massive goals against young boys away- most important goal of the season -set up by one r keane as it happened- and against Chelsea. If we're a big club, and I think we are getting close to proving that, we sell players when we want, not the other way around.

mickman wrote: »
    pav is a spoilt immature kid. he has disappeared off the scene for a while, i wonder why. he obviously wasnt making an effort in training. his comments yesterday were pathetic

"if i try my best in training , i still dont get a game " - note the word "if", obvioulsy most of the time in training he dosent try very hard

"redknapp jeers me" - what a stupid comment to make

Interviews are more often then not lost in translation... especially when he can say about 5 words in english! i highly doubt he meant it in the way you think he did and if he didnt train hard enough you would hear about it !

It wouldnt surprise me if redknapp did... he has given him a hard time , and he has no problem bad mouthing players. I highly rate harry fantastic manager and love what he has done for us and the game but he still is a prick :)

I dont understand how we cant play our forward with the best goal-per minute ratio for more then 10 minutes... your right mushykeogh
    anyway it looks like he'll be gone but the least the bloke deserved was 4 or 5 consistant starts and i would put money on it he'd be a success

Pav or his agent have ran the flag up the pole quite a few times.Moody as hell,

All change from a few weeks back he was on about signing a new deal biggrin.gif
    Interviews are more often then not lost in translation... especially when he can say about 5 words in english! i highly doubt he meant it in the way you think he did and if he didnt train hard enough you would hear about it !

It wouldnt surprise me if redknapp did... he has given him a hard time , and he has no problem bad mouthing players. I highly rate harry fantastic manager and love what he has done for us and the game but he still is a prick :)

I dont understand how we cant play our forward with the best goal-per minute ratio for more then 10 minutes... your right mushykeogh
    anyway it looks like he'll be gone but the least the bloke deserved was 4 or 5 consistant starts and i would put money on it he'd be a success

He's at Spurs for almost 3 and a half years and still needs an interpreter! Another example of his lack of application! I can only assume that he trots around in training like he does on the pitch. As was pointed out his goals to time ratio is excellent and that makes his poor attitude all the more frustrating!

yiddo59 wrote: »
    All change from a few weeks back he was on about signing a new deal biggrin.gif

He's at Spurs for almost 3 and a half years and still needs an interpreter! Another example of his lack of application! I can only assume that he trots around in training like he does on the pitch. As was pointed out his goals to time ratio is excellent and that makes his poor attitude all the more frustrating!

exactly - the man just blubbers on without thinking. not much going on upstairs id say.

at the end of the day lazy players never ever ever become world class. berbatov is world class this season as he has upped his effort considerably.

also when we played away games, berba often had man of the match performances holding up the ball and playing as a lone striker , pav is basically non existent in most away games.

he thinks he is better than he is and deserves everyone singing his praises and being nice to him all the time. let him off back to russia

Tevez is in england much longer then pav an can probably speak less english ! would you complain having him at spurs because he doesnt speak english ?

whatever you say pav deserved a better chance at tottenham... you cant judge a player over a few sub apperances or the odd cup game ,

tbh id have the same attitude as pav if i wasnt getting my game especially since crouch has scored 2 goals this season and has twice the technical ability as him ?!

Tevez is in england much longer then pav an can probably speak less english ! would you complain having him at spurs because he doesnt speak english ?

whatever you say pav deserved a better chance at tottenham... you cant judge a player over a few sub apperances or the odd cup game ,

tbh id have the same attitude as pav if i wasnt getting my game especially since crouch has scored 2 goals this season and has twice the technical ability as him ?!

technical ability is only half the battle, u need the right attitude

we dont know what pav does or dosent do in training - harry dosent rate him and thats cos he see what pav does every day in training. its his decision and us ranting away about it wont make a difference

pav's attitude has always been rubbish, when he was getting a run in the side he still didnt put in a shift away from home.

crouch always gives 100%

tevez is world class and makes a serious effort in every game - you cant mention pav and tevez in the same breadth

tevez is world class and makes a serious effort in every game - you cant mention pav and tevez in the same breadth

true much less mention pav in the same breath as berbatov.

I always think the best player should start... imo pav is a far better player then crouch, attitude aside he scores more goals then him and is far more dangerous.
    either way your opinion wont change and mine wont so agree to disagree

• Advertisement

crouch is awful mickman, plain awful, his role is to nod the ball down to vdv, thats it, cant shoot, head, control the ball, he is useless, 100% of rubbish is still rubbish.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    crouch is awful mickman, plain awful, his role is to nod the ball down to vdv, thats it, cant shoot, head, control the ball, he is useless, 100% of rubbish is still rubbish.

You must have missed Blackburn away then. He scored,held the ball up, defended when neccessary and played a blinder

You must have missed Blackburn away then. He scored,held the ball up, defended when neccessary and played a blinder
    A blinder? your winding me up, he was blessed to get away with that goal!, two hands on sambas back, he held up **** all!

mushykeogh wrote: »
    A blinder? your winding me up, he was blessed to get away with that goal!, two hands on sambas back, he held up **** all!

He played very well that night. End of

IMO

Pav - Excellent finisher, our best maybe. Doesn't work too hard during games but a lot of strikers are the same. Tevez of course is different, he is like a duracel bunny, difficult comparison in fairness.But pav is a natural finisher. He may not be involved in a game but given a chance, he'll more than likely take it. It could be argued that he hasn't taken chances when given them in a lot of games over the last 12/18 months, but he hasn't got a proper run in the team for us. Strikers are all about confidence, and if you are not playing, you are simply not as sharp as you need to be, to be at your best.

Crouch - He drives me mad. If he was a foot smaller, he'd struggle to get a game in a championship team. His only asset for me is his height. Yes it's great at times, especially in Europe when they cant cope with him, but in general terms, it's not enough. The amount of times he has got 2 yards ahead of a defender, and not had the pace to get a shot away before it was blocked is infuriating. In fairness, he has done great for England in qualifiers etc..

Remember, crouch is an auld mate of harrys, so he was always going to favour him over Pav. Pav has had a raw deal in my opinion during his time at Spurs, but then again, as a club we have done quite well over the last 18 months.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Remember, crouch is an auld mate of harrys, so he was always going to favour him over Pav. Pav has had a raw deal in my opinion during his time at Spurs, but then again, as a club we have done quite well over the last 18 months.

Mate of Arrys? If by that you mean he rates him he obviously does thats why he picks him.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Mate of Arrys? If by that you mean he rates him he obviously does thats why he picks him.

Well i thought it was obvious that he rates him, he has picked him ahead of pav countless times.

I think Harry has favourites, and Crouch is one of them.

Only comparision i was trying to make between pav and tevez was there attitude, neither speak the language and both seem to want away from the club. I wanted to point out that not many complain about tevez' attitude...
    When pav is scoring goals nobody has a problem with him, im sure none of you said good ridence or complained when he scored against the young boys or chelsea.

To be honest if we get rid of pav i think we should do away with crouch too and look for a world class forward and use defoe as cover, I'm not fond of the rotation system with defoe playing one or two then crouch and pav the odd one. None can pick up a goal streak or confidence that way

Like hatch said... over the past 18 months we've been at our best and playing in the best competitions so i wont complain :)

To be honest if we get rid of pav i think we should do away with crouch too

I agree mate, but you can be guaranteed Pav will be fcuked out before crouch is.

• Advertisement

without a question !
    just think he had much more to offer spurs, especially this year with defoe countlessly injured or suspended and us not at our best scoring wise

typical timing that for christmas i got Pav on the home jersey eh ? :o

Advertisement