Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pav wants out..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I don't know what to make of this fella.

For most of the time he appears to look dis-interested, lazy, almost sulky but then out of the blue he'll score brilliant goals and important ones at that.

To be fair to him, he's never really had a decent run in the team but on the other hand Harry watches him every day in training and ultimately that where he is picking his starting 11 from.

Going from the press reports, Harry doesn't seem to be saying the nice praises about Pav that he has done on other players (e.g. Niko, Robbie etc) so I feel 'Super Pav' will may well become 'Surplus to Requirement Pav' come season end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

On the general point of forwards none of the 3 are up to the mark for a top 4 team. I'd lose no sleep if all 3 were replaced in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yiddo59 wrote: »
    On the general point of forwards none of the 3 are up to the mark for a top 4 team. I'd lose no sleep if all 3 were replaced in the summer.

agreed. keep vdv and sell the other three

the ammount of league goals we have gotten from the strikers this year is pathetic, im not counting vdv as a striker in that. its actually amazing we are doing so well in the champs league and the premier league with NO striker on form, its amazing

yes tevez is saying he wants out and wants to go to his family etc but even after that he still gives 100% in everything. thats my point, pav wont give 100% so he will never be wanted by harry, its as simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »

I agree. None of them are top class ! I'd sell Pav and Crouch anyway, and maybe keep Defoe. He'd be handy for the Thursday night cup next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

If Real took Adebayor in the summer, we should go big for Benzema.. He's not the strong, tall, athletic striker we would ideally need but he is a great striker and a proven goal scorer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Pav is twice the striker Defoe or Crouch think they are. I will be sad to see him go and am very disappointed with his lack of chances.

I would much rather we sold Defoe tbh.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Pav is twice the striker Defoe or Crouch think they are. I will be sad to see him go and am very disappointed with his lack of chances.

I would much rather we sold Defoe tbh.

why ?

because defoe scored 20 goals last season and pav scored how many ?
    because defoe is genuinely happy at spurs and pav is constantly moaning ?
    because defoe works hard in training and pav dosent ?
    because defoe is a year younger than pav?
    because the best manager we have ever had prefers defoe to pav?

mickman wrote: »

The best manager we ever had... :D easy tiger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

why ?

Pav scored 10 in 24, Defoe scored 24 in 43 I guarantee that most of pavs apperances were from last minute subs compared to defoes starts

This year pav has scored 9 in 17 compared to defoe scoring 5 in 17 again i reckon defoe has started more

Have you ever played football in a team ? been on the bench ? its not fun... imagine being a professional footballer and never getting a chance even tho you have probably the best talent out of your forwards and best goal-minute ratio ? im sure you'd be moaning too.

would you put the work in training on a daily basis if you dont get chances ? im sure pav trains hard... you dont see it so you have no say on the matter.

would you take defoe over drogba even though drogba is 3 years older ?

and hatch answered your last question there !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

why ?

Because he is a better finisher than the other two ands scores more per time on the pitch. Have you seen any of these train?
    Defoe is happy cos he is playing, not so long ago he left for pompey because he wasnt playing, and when he did he didnt score much.

This "works hard in training" is a load of balls anyway, Tevez is well known for being a lazy git in training, gary lineker was one who never broke a sweat in training either.

"best manager we ever had" now, you have to admit thats taking it a bit far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Harry's not, and never will be, a Patch on Bill Nic. As a man or manager

typical anger appearing on this forum, reminded me on why i stopped posting a few months ago.

some of ye just seem to want to slag redknapp off every chance ye get, disagree with his decisions most of the time and just cant be satisfied with any decisions he makes and think that ye all know better than he does

ciao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

typical anger appearing on this forum, reminded me on why i stopped posting a few months ago.

some of ye just seem to want to slag redknapp off every chance ye get, disagree with his decisions most of the time and just cant be satisfied with any decisions he makes and think that ye all know better than he does

ciao
    Anger? Where? Nothin wrong with a good auld argument.

ciao

Mickman, where exactly is the anger you are talking about ? Use examples if you are going to make such accusations ! All I see is people stating opinions.

There is only one person around here that has threatened to leave the forum completely, came back a few weeks later, and now carries on with this tripe.

If you think HR is our greatest ever manager, well then fair play, and good luck to you. If everyone else disagrees, so be it, but get over it...

And if your post was a fish, and I have taken the bait, you can jog on somewhere else..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Best Manager we have had in the premier league probably yes :)

Advertisement