Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unable to access account

• 06-02-2011 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Hi I did post this problem on other threads but am still in need of help if anyone has ideas.
    Basically I opened a Facebook page for work and somehow the settings got deleted so now the page cannot be updated by anyone, we type in the e mail and user name for the account and it wont recognise either. Just says the email is not attached to the account. we then opened a fan based page but the original page is still in exsistance and is the page people are still joining.The problem is that we do use the page to generate business and its just to confusing.
    We need to either regain control of the page or else get it deleted. Preferably the first option.
    I have sent numerous e mails to FB.All I get in reply are automated responses, with suggestions that are no good for us. Although we have gone through the steps as suggested. Will FB ever answer us individually or are we wasting our time ? Does anyone have any help or suggestions for us ..We are desperate at this stage.Thanks for reading !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Can you explain how you set up the Page. Was it from your own personal profile login or was it by setting up a business account?

Would the account have been blocked for any reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Thanks for reply Brian it was set up as a " like " page from an independent e mail account, which is still active. The trouble started when we tried to add an extra administrator to the page.However we did it, we knocked off all the settings so now it does nt recognise our e mail address or password, It says there is no e mail connected to the account. So the page is still active but we cannot get into it to post on it . FB sent us a list of things to do but to no avail .Now we are nt getting any answers from them at all.

so it was a business account you created as opposed to using your own profile to log in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

I'm still a little unclear on where you actually stand.

Apologies if I'm missing it, but just to be clear....

You set up a new profile/business account? (Technically in breach of FB T&Cs if the user has an existing profile, but irrelevant really for now) Fine.

You set up a business page through this account? Fine.

You tried to add additional administrators? Did this actually work? Have any of the people you added got access to the page now?

What do you mean by "knocked off all the settings"? Is this in relation to the business profile? Did you delete the account? Or do you mean you broke the link between the business profile and the business page?

If you know the password for the account, you can also try using the account "username" (if you have one - viewing the account from an external profile should show the username or even detail the relevant email addy in the info tab) or a mobile number associated with the account (again, only a slight chance of you having a verified mobile number sadly).

Have you tried using the official "forgot login" option through FB? Or perhaps logging in using the security question?

BrianD wrote: »
    so it was a business account you created as opposed to using your own profile to log in?

yes Brian, we logged in ,used a work email and opened a fan based page. We are 100 % sure of the e mail and password but it says there is no e mail attached to this account. same if we enter the phone number or user name or e mail...the profile link you entered is not valid...

• Advertisement

Looks like a start from scratch again. FB aren't reknown for coming back to anybody fast.

Best way is to start a page through your personal profile and then assign your admins from there.

Did you give your old page a 'username'?

We actually have started again but we cannt delete the old page, and for obvious reasons the name of the original page is the better name. and so people are joining the page we cannot administer. if we cant regain control of it we would like to have it deleted. if we promote facebook in work we find a surge of new fans in the old " wrong " page. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

...same if we enter the phone number or user name or e mail...the profile link you entered is not valid...
    Did the profile have an attached username (in the FB definition of it - a vanity URL)? Or a validated number?

(I'm just wondering if you're entering the 'page' username/business number rather than information for the profile)

If so, then it would appear to be a password issue (as a username is fixed and can't be changed). I'd again go back to the comment "we knocked off all the settings" and question what might have been changed here? (Does the business profile still exist? Has it been deleted?)

As Brian mentioned, if you can't get it sorted using the tools that FB provide for this type of event, I wouldn't hold my breath on a manual solution from FB.

thanks for your help. just to clarify its not a business account it was just a fan based " like " page we set up. the new 'person' profile was the administrator of the 'like' page but was accidently removed as an admin so we couldn't become an admin again as there was no way to approve the application. I will keep trying Fb but I take your suggestions on board and I agree Im unlikely to hear from FB. I suppose I was hoping for a miracle way to contact them , as I know for sure the password and user name are correct.
    Thanks.

It sounds like the original FB profile that was used to set up the fan page was closed or they removed themselves as an admin thus orphaning the page. There is no way to get it back other than FB support.

You could post a message on your old page asking people to go to the new page and all your marketing material should direct to the new page.

• Advertisement
Advertisement