Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom absolutly shocking service

• 06-02-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Ok got ripplecom a few months ago and to begin with worked great,ping was 60ms dl was 2.7mb ul was .7/.8 couldnt complain ,then speeds started to get very poor rang them a load of times and never got call backs even though they were promised,around december i was lucky to get about 1.7mb download rang was told it would be sorted, improved a little but come january ive had to ring at least once a week as the internet was down for around a day each week,emailed them 2 weeks ago with results of speed tests which were terrible got no reply,then i was supposed to be upgraded to the 8mb service on wednesday ,was told i was upgraded and then i couldnt even load a page so rang them and was told that there was a problem with the area and that it was being worked on,internet came back around 10pm but couldnt use it as it was so slow,roll on thursday internet still extremely poor, pages wouldnt even load,rang them again was asked to do a speed test with them on the phone so they could monitor it ping was 70ms,download was 0.21 mb/s and the uplaod timed out before i could get a result,was told i would receive a call back within the hour which in typical ripplecom fashion never came, waited 2 hours and still no call came,so i rang back again and explained the situation,was told there was a problem in the area... blah blah,i said "was this the same problem that was there yesterday? he didnt know of any problem in the area yesterday he said, asked him why i never had a call back ever,still hadnt received a reply to my email that i sent etc,he said they were working on the problem and my broadband should be sorted shortly,i told him if it wasnt i was gone,well it hasnt since i last got off the phone to them,ive been lucky if i can get a page to load,more often than not the page doesnt even load,am I within my rights to break contract as they obviously dont give a dam about their customers,i am cancelling my dd in the next few days as im sick of paying for a so called service that they are not providing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i rang on tuesday to try and get this service, rather sceptical of it since theres a lot of mixed revies mostly bad, but we have pretty much f all other services for a fixed braodband so have to give it a try, it was odd ringing them to arrange the service it rang for a while and just eventually got picked up, seems strange! not that convinced reading another thread bout em!

hope it gets sorted, where is your location?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

im in dromina,co. cork i personally wouldnt touch them but thats a lesson learned the hard way

yup got no choice really, rang every viable service that i know of and nada, this was the last one... i have a meteor dongle, that actually works suprisingly better than i expected but need some sort of fixed service with a larger data limit

I rang and organised it all last tuesday, said there would be a contract out in the post with a 7 day period thing... and nada as of yet a week later... how long does it take to get someone out to even see if it will work!?

I know i rang digiweb to ring and organise a package, but it took them 8 days to get back to us and actually say yeah it's not gonna work, didn't even get an engineer out or anything, sick of this shizzle already tbh

and im in west dublin!

madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mossie

I'm with ripplecom for a few weeks and, while I am generally happy with the service, the speeds are quite a bit slower than the 8 meg advertised - still better than eircom. I have emailed them twice, first time didn't even receive an acknowledgement, second was acknowledged but nothing since in 10 days.

3 weeks yesterday since a rang, ordered and organised it all...

All ive gotten was a letter a week later since I initially rang and nothing since, no date to get it installed or anything

I rang twice to see what the story was with getting it installed, was told it should be sorted early last week. Waited all week, nothing again then rang last Friday told it would be sorted early this week and it would be of high priority... It's midweek now and would like it before the weekend instead of waiting a month to see if im able to to get the service installed!

I take it its not normal to wait that long for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Eoin_Sheehy

Quick irrelivent question, what technology does Ripplecom use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Anybody else getting intermittent cut outs? like every few minutes? Mallow area.
    AS it is a bank holidays not point in even ringing up and giving out as there won't be anybody there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mossie

morgana wrote: »
    Anybody else getting intermittent cut outs? like every few minutes? Mallow area.
    AS it is a bank holidays not point in even ringing up and giving out as there won't be anybody there.

Yes. All day yesterday and most of Sunday seemed to take ages to respond to clicking on a link. Downloads took ages to start, ran slowly and often stopped halfway...

Seems better this morning, hopefully will last:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 alan18

glic83 wrote: »
    Ok got ripplecom a few months ago and to begin with worked great,ping was 60ms dl was 2.7mb ul was .7/.8 couldnt complain ,then speeds started to get very poor rang them a load of times and never got call backs even though they were promised,around december i was lucky to get about 1.7mb download rang was told it would be sorted, improved a little but come january ive had to ring at least once a week as the internet was down for around a day each week,emailed them 2 weeks ago with results of speed tests which were terrible got no reply,then i was supposed to be upgraded to the 8mb service on wednesday ,was told i was upgraded and then i couldnt even load a page so rang them and was told that there was a problem with the area and that it was being worked on,internet came back around 10pm but couldnt use it as it was so slow,roll on thursday internet still extremely poor, pages wouldnt even load,rang them again was asked to do a speed test with them on the phone so they could monitor it ping was 70ms,download was 0.21 mb/s and the uplaod timed out before i could get a result,was told i would receive a call back within the hour which in typical ripplecom fashion never came, waited 2 hours and still no call came,so i rang back again and explained the situation,was told there was a problem in the area... blah blah,i said "was this the same problem that was there yesterday? he didnt know of any problem in the area yesterday he said, asked him why i never had a call back ever,still hadnt received a reply to my email that i sent etc,he said they were working on the problem and my broadband should be sorted shortly,i told him if it wasnt i was gone,well it hasnt since i last got off the phone to them,ive been lucky if i can get a page to load,more often than not the page doesnt even load,am I within my rights to break contract as they obviously dont give a dam about their customers,i am cancelling my dd in the next few days as im sick of paying for a so called service that they are not providing.

i was with them until march , got all that bull on the phone. for weeks and weeks and weeks. just leave them . contact comreg

alan18 wrote: »
    i was with them until march , got all that bull on the phone. for weeks and weeks and weeks. just leave them . contact comreg

im gone months from them very happy with my new provider,i was gone about 3 months before i got the phone call from them looking to collect their equipment ffs,very poor company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

im gone months from them very happy with my new provider,i was gone about 3 months before i got the phone call from them looking to collect their equipment ffs,very poor company

I sent them an email about three weeks ago asking some general questions about there service, still waiting for a response. I am not a customer...doubt if I ever will be after reading some of the comments here and going by my own (limited) experience.

id go elsewhere if i was you anyway there has to be a few isp's out your way

id go elsewhere if i was you anyway there has to be a few isp's out your way

Not too many that cover the Horse and Jockey area of Co Tipperary, that's for sure :) There is a crowd in Clonmel called "Premier Broadband" that provide a wireless service but I have had bad experiences with them in the past...not keen to approach them again, if I am to be honest. Very unstable and unreliable service in my experience.

I forgot to mention that Ripplecom essentially closed their Facebook page after I posted a few simply questions on there. This was a few weeks back.

It really is a shame as their website looks very professional and full of useful information. I am sure if they could provide the service advertised on their site they would make a lot of people happy: http://www.ripplecom.net

UPDATE.

I received a phone call this morning from a Riplecom representative. Nice lady. Interestingly, they didn’t respond to my message of some weeks ago but to one I sent this morning! Good for them.

In any event, they cannot provide me a service as they don’t actually cover where I live at present, which is surprising as their website suggests coverage all the way to the Horse and Jockey from Cashel. So, it seems they are still in business for those within their coverage area and willing to give them ago.

I would be willing to take a chance despite the negative comments so far and my own initial experience; my current BB situation is that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnny.h

o my god they are the most incompident shower i have ever come across,honestly,from double charging me outside a package for the router to constant phone and broadband problems..joe duffy for sure.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnny.h

" ripplecon"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Quick irrelivent question, what technology does Ripplecom use?

These days they are using Ubiquiti gear.

Advertisement