Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12m of concrete

Options
  • 06-02-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

How much would a contractor charge to supply and power float 12m of concrete?

Its 30n10 concrete.

Was going to do it myself but time is a bit of a problem along with the weather and i cant get a delivery on Saturday:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 zacchaeus

Brianmeath wrote: »
    How much would a contractor charge to supply and power float 12m of concrete?

Its 30n10 concrete.

Was going to do it myself but time is a bit of a problem along with the weather and i cant get a delivery on Saturday:rolleyes:

It should cost about €65 for the 35N concrete however as you have 10mm chip you could add an additonal €6 per m3. Placing of the same assuming its slab or foundations shouldnt cost more than €20/m3 and allow about €2 to €3 per m3 for the power floating of the surface.

Cost of supply of concrete does vary quiet alot around the country. All depends on location and certain areas wouldn't have the same natural occuring aggregates thus costs would tend to be higher in these places

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

zacchaeus wrote: »
    It should cost about €65 for the 35N concrete however as you have 10mm chip you could add an additonal €6 per m3. Placing of the same assuming its slab or foundations shouldnt cost more than €20/m3 and allow about €2 to €3 per m3 for the power floating of the surface.

Cost of supply of concrete does vary quiet alot around the country. All depends on location and certain areas wouldn't have the same natural occuring aggregates thus costs would tend to be higher in these places

Thanks for that,
    been quoted 1500 supply and power float seams very expensive.

The lorry can drop straight into the base,
    Its a slab and has no obstructions so should be straight forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

Brianmeath wrote: »
    Thanks for that,
    been quoted 1500 supply and power float seams very expensive.

The lorry can drop straight into the base,
    Its a slab and has no obstructions so should be straight forward.

At 65 euros per m3 seems fairly cheap for 35n, maybe this is a plus vat price, also an important point to note, the price for finishing would reflect the fact that at this time of year, it will be the early hours of next day, when the floor will be ready to float with the blades.....

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

12m3 of 35N concrete@€65 = €780
    3 men @ €18 per hour by 8 hours =€432
    Powerfloat hire @ €40 per day = €40
    1 gallon of petrol = €6
    Lighting, generator, time spent powerfloating included?
    Total ex VAT = €1258
    Add VAT @ 13.5% = €169.83
    Total = €1427.83
    Add diesel for van, add insurance, add overheads not included in price.
    I’d say €1500 is a fair enough price. The contractor is not even adding profit to the price of the concrete at the €1500
    In this weather powerfloating often runs into the second day.
    If you want a good finish, you have to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 zacchaeus

12m3 of 35N concrete@€65 = €780
    3 men @ €18 per hour by 8 hours =€432
    Powerfloat hire @ €40 per day = €40
    1 gallon of petrol = €6
    Lighting, generator, time spent powerfloating included?
    Total ex VAT = €1258
    Add VAT @ 13.5% = €169.83
    Total = €1427.83
    Add diesel for van, add insurance, add overheads not included in price.
    I’d say €1500 is a fair enough price. The contractor is not even adding profit to the price of the concrete at the €1500
    In this weather powerfloating often runs into the second day.
    If you want a good finish, you have to pay for it.

Brianmeath, I would concur with wirehairmax in that it does not include for VAT. Moreover the nature of the work could be a factor, i.e wheather he is moving on site to do this once piece of work. An allowance for one off mobilisation should be considered if he happens to not be on site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

Thanks lads,

A lad rang me earlier and told me to price the concrete,
    He gave a price for pouring and power floating.

Concrete is coming to 850
    He will do the work for 340

All including vat.

So i am happy with this.

Seen a floor he done this morning and it was like a sheet of glass.:D

Advertisement