Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless switch for a circulation pump

• 06-02-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

My HW cylinder is in my garage, about 20m from the house. The circulation pump for the HW is also in the garage. It runs from a timer clock on the wall in the garage.

My electrician (long gone) doesnt seem to have left any cable available between the garage and the house and I dont want to go digging.

Is there a wireless switch available for this situation? Any recommendations? I am getting a sparky back to do a few bits around the house and I want to have my research done before hand.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Where does the hot water circulate to from the Cylinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Where does the hot water circulate to from the Cylinder?

Into the house. Serves 3 bathrooms and the kitchen.

It comes accross the driveway in a district heating pipe (heavily insulated). There is a system link in my utility and I have no idea if it goes through this or not. ( no plumbing experience!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

I presume wah u have is a HW recirculation system to cut out the water loss when waiting for 20m of cold water to move to make way for the HW. Its a HW recirculation pump, a bronze pump I presume.

I saw a nice idea earlier today: mobile fone operated security gates: sim in box near gate and u can operate it from anywhere in the world, may work here: text from scratcher
    :D

The SL is for the heating circuits.

Where do u get ur uranium for the baby in the garage?

Advertisement