Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted Weeping Thaiger Beef Recipe

Options
  • 06-02-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

This is our favourite dish out of the Weeping Thaiger in Naas.

Menu lists the ingredients but could any help with suggestions on the mix of ingredients and the cooking times etc.

Cheers

WEEPING THAIGER
    A sirloin steak, sliced and marinated in tamarind, garlic, soy sauce and palm sugar, then char grilled. Served sizzling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just looks like marinated steak.

Just marinade sliced steak in tamarind, garlic, soy sauce, palm sugar.
    Amounts should be easy, just enough of each for one person, clove of garlic, half spoon of sugar, tamarind might be hard to find, a dash of worchester sauce is a suitable substitute. Enough soy sauce to cover meat.

Then stir fry over high heat. (I assune you don't have a cast iron dish to serve sizzling, i'd still stir fry befor plating to finish off)

Side dishes are up to you

Edit: Google suggests this is a spicey recipe, maybe the version in that restuarant doesn't have chilli, or maybe its just not in the list. If its very spicy, i'd include some birds eye chilli (small red ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

cheers will give this a go on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭jassha

U should find tamarind in alot of health food shops. Usually sold in a block. Break off a piece of the block and soak it in boiling water . then use the liquid in ure marinade. Disgard the pulp that is left. Lime juice is also an alternative if u cant get tamarind. Would suggest u go easy on the soy sauce as some of them can be very salty. Use a japanese one like kikkomans. They are a little sweeter

Advertisement