Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclelogical still rebuilding/building wheels

• 06-02-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Busted a rim today need a rebuild done ASAP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

levitronix wrote: »
    Busted a rim today need a rebuild done ASAP

BikeHub will be quicker i reckon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Whats bikehub and where is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

It's a bike shop in Howth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Whats bikehub and where is it ?

What RAAM said

The chap who does the wheels is good at it.

Have a set of MTb wheels that have taken a good beating since they got built. reasonable prices too

Will give em a call tomorrow, busted my powertap wheel :( what a bummer big dent in the rim

• Advertisement

Well ended up building the wheel myself, if your any way mechanical "trades back round" its a piece of cake building the wheel

Spoke tension was a bit one of one step forward two steps backwards but i got an average of 118 on the drive side with less than 2% difference, think that was due the welded area on the rim, very happy with it will see how it holds now to a pro built wheel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Will give em a call tomorrow, busted my powertap wheel :( what a bummer big dent in the rim
    when you say dent do you mean like egged or the rim is actually dented?

Small dent in the rim like it been pinched together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Well done building the wheel. The most I've done is replace spokes and true the wheels. How long did the rebuild take? How did you manage the dishing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Cliff from Cyclelogical is now working in Eurocycles on south William St. He's great at wheel building.

• Advertisement

Well done building the wheel. The most I've done is replace spokes and true the wheels. How long did the rebuild take? How did you manage the dishing?

Didnt need a dishing tool since i know where the center of the wheel is on the truing stand, dish is the easy bit its the tensioning pulls the wheel out of true and you go back over the wheel a few times lossening or tightening non drive side before you tension drive side again, start to finish including striping the old rim about 4 hours.
    In the past year i spent about 75 euro leaving wheels for work to be done so i spent 120 euro and bought the gear and read up on it plus theres loads of info on the net, so the gear will pay for it self, i had to laugh when i checked the tension on my ksyriums after i done the powertap the tension was all over the place.
    Would say a stand and tensiometer and torque wrench tools everyone should have and just do it yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Thus far I've been just putting the bike on the stand and using a thumbnail resting against a brake block as a truing gauge. I've only been taking out slight wobbles though. I presume a full build will require more...

Advertisement