Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick Half & Full ## Pacers Needed

• 06-02-2011 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Once again the Limerick Race Director has trusted us to provide pacers for his half and full marathon. This is a race that had it's issues last year but theu have pulled out all of the stops and are look to be doing everything right this time, revised route, serious prize money and changes to start times. But one thing that went really well last year was the pacers and we want to do the same high quality job this year. We need two people per band and there is a package of stuff to look after pacers (more details after you apply ;))

We have a few volunteers already from last year so we are currently shaping up as:

Half Mara:
    2:00
    xebec, RQ
    1:50

Brianderunner

1:40
    Daithi

1:30
    OPEN

Marathon:
    4:30
    Aimman

4:00
    meno, RC

3:45
    Oisin, KK

3:30
    Le Cheile

3:15
    VR, VR's mate
    3:00
    OPEN (will take 2*1:30 halves)

As you can see it's mostly the faster slots we have gaps in and the race is well placed for those doing quick April races. There are tight qualifyers as we need to be sure that whoever is leading the line is up to it!

So if you're interested pop a message in here or send me a PM and I'll fill you in on the details.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

What is required to qualify for pacing the 1.50 half and 4.00 hour full?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What is required to qualify for pacing the 1.50 half and 4.00 hour full?

1:37 half or a 3:30 marathon.

You would be well able for either pacing band anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

1:37 half or a 3:30 marathon.

You would be well able for either pacing band anyway.

I have the half time sorted and the sub 3.30 will be ticked off soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

What are the standards for pacing the 1.30 or 1.40 half?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

What are the standards for pacing the 1.30 or 1.40 half?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think you qualify if have run a recent half sub 1:20/1:29 respectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

menoscemo wrote: »
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think you qualify if have run a recent half sub 1:20/1:29 respectively.
    1:30 Half (Having previously ran sub 1:20)
    1:40 Half (Having previously ran sub 1:29)
    1:50 Half (Having previously ran sub 1:37)
    2:00 Half (Having previously ran sub 1:45)

3:00 Full (Having previously ran sub 2:45)
    3:15 Full (Having previously ran sub 2:56)
    3:30 Full (Having previously ran sub 3:06)
    3:45 Full (Having previously ran sub 3:19)
    4:00 Full (Having previously ran sub 3:30)
    I think Amadeus said there would be some leeway in some circumstances but he would have to clarify what that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

OK, we are making progress! Big thanks to the lads for answering the questions - kind of proof that anyone who is thinking of pacing needn't worry, there is a huge amount of pacing experience in this team so you'll be in safe hands.

I have also dropped the ball - CorkRunning did a brilliant job of pacing last year and he had his name down but it got lost between the threads. He is looking at 3:45 and it's two pacers per band so we need to move people around a bit. I need to move 1 of KK, Oisin and CorkRunning from 3:45 to 4:00 and move one of Meno or RC to 4:30. Knowing the paces and backgrounds my instinct is to put RC into 4:30 (he runs lots and lots of marathons so this will just be a LSR for him) and KK to 4 (his first gig so I want this to be a pace that he could run in his sleep). It does mean breaking up the KK / Oisin double act though... Folks if you aren't happy with those changes then please let me know and we can juggle again.

I've had a bundle of PMs as well so I've slotted in some more slots below and we also now have some very good runners as back up in case of injury or problems. 2 pacers per band and our current all star line-up is:

Half Mara:
    xebec, RQ

Brianderunner, jackyback

Daithi, RunForrestRun

OPEN

Marathon:
    Aimman, RC

meno, KK

Oisin, CorkRunning

Le Cheile

VR, VR's mate

So that is where I am with it. We need a couple of 3 hour pacers (or a pair of good 1:30 runners to split it) and we need a pair of 1:30 half runners as well. Other than that we are looking good. Any questions please yell and pacers please watch teh pacers forum (and don't forget I need bodies for teh "Meet the Pacer" stand the day before as well.

Thanks folks

A good addition today, RR has stepped up and is committed to the 1:30 slot, which I'm delighted with. I have a few people in my back pocket as well across various distances and speeds and I have some feelers out but at this stage I would like to nail down the final 1:30 and a couple of sub 3 guys, as well as another 3:30 (don't make me do it, it would mean training and I'm one of the people who talks about running rather than doing it these days...)

So, scores on the doors are:

Half Mara:
    xebec, RQ

Brianderunner, jackyback

Daithi, RunForrestRun

RoadRunner

Marathon:
    Aimman, RC

meno, KK

Oisin, CorkRunning

Le Cheile

VR, VR's mate

So roll up, roll up, roll up - RQ is looking for drinking partners so get your names down!

So roll up, roll up, roll up - RQ is looking for drinking partners so get your names down!

:pac:

To be fair, I think I was the first one to bed last year. :D

I was drinking on my tod till 2am in the residents bar. Really swanky hotel as well by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    I was drinking on my tod till 2am in the residents bar. Really swanky hotel as well by the way.

Nice hotel all right, whatever about the other stuff, the pacers package for this race is very good. Hopefully you'll be paired with someone with more stamina this year!:o

I managed to get hold of Mick (not physically, he is ever so slightly faster ;) ) but he is now confirmed & committed to sub 3, so we now have all slots covered and are just looking for second people across the bands...

Half Mara:
    xebec, RQ

Brianderunner, jackyback

Daithi, RunForrestRun

RoadRunner

Marathon:
    Aimman, RC

meno, KK

Oisin, CorkRunning

Le Cheile

VR, VR's mate
    Mick Rice

I managed to get hold of Mick (not physically, he is ever so slightly faster ;) ) but he is now confirmed & committed to sub 3, so we now have all slots covered and are just looking for second people across the bands...

Half Mara:
    xebec, RQ

Brianderunner, jackyback

Daithi, RunForrestRun

RoadRunner

Marathon:
    Aimman, RC

meno, KK

Oisin, CorkRunning

Le Cheile

VR, VR's mate
    Mick Rice

Just a reminder that we are still a few heads short if anyone is in the mood to pace the missing slots?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dub8

hey !

im running this as my first half marathon.. eeek...! how do you recognise the pacers , and do you need to be at a certain point at the start for the different pace groups?.. if that makes any sense !would like to keep up ( as much as i can ) with the 2hr group ! would appreciate any info!

cheers

Easy to spot them mate, theywill have acouple of baloons attached to them and signs on their backs. Dont worry:D

The pacers will have colourful balloons flying over their heads. I'm pacing 2 hours so come over and say hello.

Plus, I'm from Dublin 8, so you'd notice me purely by my awesomeness anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dub8

thanks , really appreciate the info,

bit nervous but looking forward to it ! will definetly say hello ! chances are you'll look familar , im sure we have crossed paths a few times when out training!:)

The pacers will have colourful balloons flying over their heads. I'm pacing 2 hours so come over and say hello.

Plus, I'm from Dublin 8, so you'd notice me purely by my awesomeness anyway. :pac:
    Your fcuked dub8:D

Advertisement