Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

medical card

• 06-02-2011 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi Basically I am looking for advice on whether I will be entitled to the medical card next year.

I work full time and get 333 after tax and my lone parents is 157 on top of that.

My boyfriend only has the dole he is not my sons father and has his own house.

Will I be over the limit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

If you are on One Parent Family I don't know why your boyfriend's income would be taken into account?
    You can apply on www.medicalcard.ie - no harm in applying to see if you are entitled to one or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

Its all going to depend on how much you are paying in rent or mortgage. If your gross income from employment and OPFP (minus rent, childcare and travel costs to work) is less than 304.50 you will be eligible for the medical card. Unfortunately they do not deduct tax when making the calculation.

If your income is above this amount, but below 457, then you will be eligible for a GP visit card.

Also, it would seem that you might also be eligible for Family Income Supplement, although because of your income, you would probably only get the minimum payment of 20 Euro.

Advertisement