Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signal booster?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a signal booster for a house (in Wexford) where there are two small areas of about 1 metre square where you get one bar reception? Does the likes of a GSM Booster type product work? Or are there any low cost/low tech solutions for an individual handset or recommendation for best reception handset?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

As far as I know, they're technically illegal since they'll mess with the existing signal that the operator has bought the rights to.

Is it worth it for just two small area's in the house?

I got a new phone recently and I can now talk on the phone from anywhere in the house, when I used to have to go to the front or back window, or upstairs. (My house is in a bit of a dip) The new phone is better able to deal with a weaker signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

They are illegal. You don't have permission to broadcast in the mobile network bands. They can also seriously interfere with the network itself and make things worse for everyone in the area.

If you're a vodafone customer they are launching a femtocell device shortly which will provide 3G network coverage In your home for you via your fixed line broadband connection. Requires a 3G capable handset though. If you're with 3 they also provide repeater units, possibly only for NBS broadband customers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

On Vodafone with fixed line broadband ? Check this out ...
    [url]Http://www.vodafone.ie/mobilephoneservices/suresignal/[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭weebelly

Unfortunately the line isn't suitable to carry broadband...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Any options to get an excellent BT mobile signal from outside the house, into the house? Our hollowcore floor kills the signal, is there an aerial I can put outside or in the attic to bring by cable into a repeater in the house or any other solution?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement