Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult/youth drama classes or theatre groups?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I used to do drama when I was younger, and I'm looking to get back into it. I'm 19 now, so I'm not sure whether or not I would fall under youth or adult drama groups, but I'd love it if anyone could point me to things on in Dublin (preferrably the north side or town).

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KDG

Hey everyone,

Knocklyon Drama Group are in the very early stages of starting up a new drama group and are recruiting new members of all different levels of ability.

You don't have to be from Knocklyon to join, everyone is welcome!

Whether you are interested in the acting, singing, production or managment side of things we'd love to have you aboard. Currently we meet every Tuesday in St.Colmcilles Community School, Knocklyon at 7:30 pm.

Are vision is to meet weekly with the hope of putting on top quality performances and of course having fun in the process.

It's a very exciting time to get involved and join up. The facilities available to us are top notch (and free!) ;)

Free Workshops commence Tuesday 8th Februray 2011 and will continue on for a couple of weeks.

If you are interested in coming along to check it out, pop along Tuesdays at 7:30.

If you are looking for more info contact us at:

knocklyondramagroup@gmail.com

Hope to see y'all there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

hi bluegirl. Boards.ie has its very own drama group, "No Drama Theatre" which has our own dedicated forum! http://nodrama.boards.ie.

If Knocklyon isnt a convenient location, we are based in Dublin 8 on Synge Street. (Very close to Camden St) We meet for drama every Tuesday (at 7pm) and Improvisation every Sunday. Workshops are on a drop in basis and your first workshop is free! After that its only €25 per month.

As you are over 18 you are welcome to join and take part and it doesnt matter what your experience is! :) The workshop age ranges from 19 upto 40's so there is a nice array of members!

If you want, check out our forum or our website, www.nodramatheatre.com. Or feel free to drop me a PM for any more info! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I'm not personally in it, But Dublin youth Theatre (DYT) is based in upper gardener street. I have friends who were in it and have all enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 observe

Contact the DLI (Drama League of Ireland) which is the umbrella organisation for amateur theatre groups. They will be able to tell you what groups are near you.http://www.dli.ie

Advertisement