Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying 2nd hand carbon bike, what to look for

• 06-02-2011 11:39pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,
    I am looking about now for 2nd hand carbon bike as a next step up from my Giant Defy 4.
    I have seen a few for sale on here and a on donedeal and adverts but I am just wondering what I should be looking out for with regards cracks or damage to the the frame as from what I understand once a carbon frame is cracked its not good :o

Seen some great bargains so hoping to secure one soon! :)

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

right first of all i dont and never will understand this carbon fad and thats all it is.Considering all the carbon ''experts'' on this forum im surprised you havent got a quicker reply.My two cents on it would be to check over it very thoroughly chain stays seat stays and around the bottom brackett under the headtube by the downtube etc etc...also make sure the group is in good working order.Thats all you can really do,hope my input helps you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

right first of all i dont and never will understand this carbon fad and thats all it is.

Stiff, comfortable, light: pick three.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks lads appreciate the feedback.

At least I have some idea what to look out for now! :)

Advertisement