Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bring them back thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

AHHHHHH Opal Fruits... can these still be got??3184670710_0a3669332f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Ricardo G wrote: »

Starburst?

Starburst.jpg

Power Ranger gummies from about 1994?

I remember getting a packet from Londis and walking down the road with my mum while eating them. I was about 3.

Odd thing to remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Smiley bars.
    Touchdowns.
    Postman pat strawberry chews.
    Panky bars.

Ah the days. Anyone remember panky bars?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ilovemybed

And then their were these.... a hard job to finish tho

bigtimebig.jpg

I sell these in work ! I work in a little shop and we sell these Macaroons and Mint Crisps in the old fashioned paper wrappers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

It was a single-finger wafer bar, four layers with choccie cream inbetween, all covered in choc. About the size of a tunnocks caramel wafer, in purple packaging, cost 10p.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

One word FIZZLESTICKS :D ok , i cheated 2 words!!

2p each bitd 20 used to get me through a school day.....i blame their demise on my other 20 a day habit now :mad:.

Can anyone remember the white choclate "fish n chips" (crinkle cut) , or the white choclate skulls,mice with the pink fondant filling? also came in brown but white were nicer,not like the ganky tasting white choclate we get now.I'm talking about back in the day when a chomp was called "trigger",starburst were Opal Fruits and a snickers was called "Marathon"

And what about these, they were chewing gum in the shape of a record and you got a flourescent (green,yellow,pink or blue) plastic badge with a band name (UB40,KISS,THIN LIZZY,ULTRAVOX etc etc - :o look it was the early 80's ok lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Fuse Bars! I loved these soooo much, yum!!

71039_27548813272_1595179_n.jpg:D:D

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/boiled-crunchy-c-102.html

Lots of old faves here.. apple pips yum :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Crunchos, mmmmmm

41572_93441615394_5231843_n.jpg

EarlERizer wrote: »
    And what about these, they were chewing gum in the shape of a record and you got a flourescent (green,yellow,pink or blue) plastic badge with a band name (UB40,KISS,THIN LIZZY,ULTRAVOX etc etc - :o look it was the early 80's ok lol)

:o Sorry,my memory is a muddle , I've gone and described 2 different novelty sweets/chewing gum items.

The chewing gum records were called ChuBops
    chubopb.jpg

The one with the plastic flourescent badges were a badge and some sweets or gum.

Anyone remember them? woulda been around 1979-1981 (when i was very very very very young) ..... not just younger :o lol

:eek: In my quest to find photo samples of the above (badge n sweets) , I found these!!!! .....can anyone else remember these??? lol what a blast from the past lol used to get little hard chalky sweets in the shape of skulls n bones and a creepy badge.

IMAG0321.JPG

Spooky+badges.jpg

:D

These are some of the badges that came with the sweets/gum
    !CE7URlwBWk~$(KGrHqJ,!joE1K(oNOj0BNTe8g3ck!~~_12.JPG
    badge7668vis.jpg
    !CE7U0u!CGk~$(KGrHqN,!jME1Jpe1YMRBNTe-qoVlg~~_12.JPG

I remember them!:eek: They were soooo cool :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

There were also the he-man and spiderman candysticks, loved em:)

And the chocolate cigarettes..........Very Very strange taste off these imo

Spider-Man-candy-sticks.jpgstock-photo-chocolate-cigarettes-for-sinterklaas-event-in-the-dutch-in-december-37925476.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

You can still get Candy sticks, Barretts do them I think.
    Chocolate cigarettes weren't that nice the last time I found them (few years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bog wrote: »
    Top Decks will always win a thread like this hands down.
    they are stil sold in other countrys, just not ireland for soem reason
    Do really didn't know Starburst = Opal Fruits.

Next, you'll be looking for a marathon bar.

anyway, my one is Secret Bars. THey were only out for a while, and were epic. Sort of birds nest chocolate outer layer with soft moose inner.

secret.jpg?w=500&h=338

edit, found video for the ad, lol
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3394676286237442332#

Eviledna wrote: »
    It was a single-finger wafer bar, four layers with choccie cream inbetween, all covered in choc. About the size of a tunnocks caramel wafer, in purple packaging, cost 10p.;)

Was there a picture of an american footballer with a ball in his hand on the front? Don't know why I thought that.. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

• Advertisement

Lornen wrote: »
    Was there a picture of an american footballer with a ball in his hand on the front? Don't know why I thought that.. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Yep thats the one I'm recalling too, i thought the wraper was red n blue with white tips though?:confused:

Remember wig-wams? they where like cool pops in a trianglular carton (orange ,and cola flavours) that you could drink with a straw or freeze and spend ages sucking on them or break your teeth trying to crunch through the ice lol

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Yep thats the one I'm recalling too, i thought the wraper was red n blue with white tips though?:confused:

Remember wig-wams? they where like cool pops in a trianglular carton (orange ,and cola flavours) that you could drink with a straw or freeze and spend ages sucking on them or break your teeth trying to crunch through the ice lol

I was just about to say "Those Touchdown's can't be that old, I had one when I moved back to Ireland.."

Realised that was nearly 10 years ago..

:eek:

Never heard of Wig Wams, sound good though. Can't beat the good ol' Red Lemonade Score you used to get in the shops for a few pence :)

I recall Touchdowns too, can't remember who made them though.

HA wigwams - wouldn't have copped the name but when you described the carton I clicked, I remember them too!

Cadbury made touchdowns. Ye are all correct with the packaging, they were purple and red with white tips, sometimes they had a footballer on them, later they only had american-football-esque font.

Why do I remember this so well? Early teenage small shop job for 4 years, they sold like hotcakes to local kids.

I also miss taz bars, but smileys tip the lot for me. The way the chocolate used to crack and go everywhere when you'd pull on the orangey toffee...my school uniform was always covered in sat-in choccie.:)

Eviledna wrote: »
    Cadbury made touchdowns. Ye are all correct with the packaging, they were purple and red with white tips, sometimes they had a footballer on them, later they only had american-football-esque font.

Why do I remember this so well? Early teenage small shop job for 4 years, they sold like hotcakes to local kids.

I also miss taz bars, but smileys tip the lot for me. The way the chocolate used to crack and go everywhere when you'd pull on the orangey toffee...my school uniform was always covered in sat-in choccie.:)

Taz bars! Ah, well Freddo's are the same as really, just frog shaped :P

Wish I had a Smiley. Then again I'm glad I don't have fond memories of them, as I'd crack up from not being able to get them now!

Desperate Dan and Roy of the Rovers bars.. That sour pineapple chew bar.

Just looked it up. People who made Desperate Dans went bust, Roy of the Rovers give no reason, just not made anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

The stripey (yelow/red/brown) biscuits were Crawfords Iced Shorties

Trigger Bars:Trigger bars were never known as chomps...

Trigger bars were laced with coconut and much harder toffee that teh chewy toffee in chomps

geecee wrote: »
    The stripey (yelow/red/brown) biscuits were Crawfords Iced Shorties

Trigger Bars:Trigger bars were never known as chomps...

Trigger bars were laced with coconut and much harder toffee that teh chewy toffee in chomps

:eek: Really!?! ...my memory is obviously gone to pot!!! :D which never helped my sweet tooth cravings! , I thought Trigger bars where the ones in the blue wrapper with a picture of the lone ranger on it? jaysus my memory chip must be shorting I coulda swore they were the original Chomp! :rolleyes:

Remember .... LAZER BARS !!!:D woooahhhh toffee n white choclate they were savage! ....and Fizz bombs , loved them too .....and Candy Popcorn!!! pink n yellow syrupy covered polystyrene balls lol ... and does anyone remember the chewing gum that was shaped like fruit (lemon,strawberry,lime,raspberry) hard to bite into then inside filled with eye watering fizz :D classic!!

Candy popcorn!! nyom nyom - in the purple packet, 12p they went up to I think. Used to buy loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I loved Secret bars.

I remember Care Bear bars. Chocolate filled with pink gooey stuff. No one ever remembers them though. I loved them.

Does anyone remember Magnum Ego? I'd love if they released them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

Advertisement