Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bring them back thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

+1 for the secret bars. I loved them, by far the nicest treat I have ever tasted!

If I ever become rich, I'm gonna pay Nestle to make them for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GGspeedz

sorry for reposting this question but i only saw this thread after making one,
    its wrecking myself and a load of friend's heads,
    there was a yogurt that had pink/yellow elephant sprinkles in the lid from mabie early 90's, can't think of the name of it for the life of me.
    cheers in advance xD

p.s sorry again for repost

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

moonflower wrote: »

Top Decks obviously need to come back, the new Spots and Stripes bar's got nothing on them

Had a top Deck on monday night, nyom nyom nyom.
    Strange they stopped it in ireland but not elsewhere

Been trying to think of the name of biscuits with icing on them. they were either half pink / half yellow, half pink / half brown, and one other combination which I cant remember. I used to lick the icing off (took a while) and then eat the biscuit. And no they're not called Party Rings they didnt have a hole in the middle.

Crawfords Iced Shorties

icedshortie.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Mellor wrote: »
    Crawfords Iced Shorties

icedshortie.gif[IMG][/img]

*hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

Nobody really remembers it but I used love th DoubleChoc chocolate bars. Mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Does anyone remember Ribena when it was Apricot and Orange, not just Orange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Nobody really remembers it but I used love th DoubleChoc chocolate bars. Mmmm

I remember them. They weren't that great. The idea was so much more than the result.

Pyramint

50497_61013277211_8122150_n.jpg

Forgot all about them, they were the business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Bodan

Cadbury Dairymilk shortcake biscuit

517435671_e6cc26bb48.jpg

i really miss these. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Ricardo G wrote: »
    Are the famous teethpuller "Dan bars" still around ??

Orange with black bits they were quite nice too

"Roy of the rover" bars were not so nice

there is a sweetshop in our town that sells all the old favourites like that and yes they have dan bars! saw one the other day and it brought back the memories of me taking it to my mother and telling her it pulled my loose tooth out (oh how i was a fool) and the tooth was proper stuck in the bar and would the tooth fairy still pay me for it!!

GGspeedz wrote: »
    sorry for reposting this question but i only saw this thread after making one,
    its wrecking myself and a load of friend's heads,
    there was a yogurt that had pink/yellow elephant sprinkles in the lid from mabie early 90's, can't think of the name of it for the life of me.
    cheers in advance xD

p.s sorry again for repost

i remember them but for the life of me cannot remember the name.

and do you remember the spacshipy type things - chocolate spaceships with yogurt inside? i loved them

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭tonysea

Remember these little beauts, they were some weird flavour green with purple powder stuff inside and at one time they were about a foot long.

Stinger-Bar.gif

No 90's lunchbox was complete without a prince bar! remember them in the gold paper wrapper. They were actually terrible, I got them whenever the weekly shopping budget was tightened.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭tonysea

A can of Club Shandy to wash it down 0.05% alc.....oh yeah:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Been trying to think of the name of biscuits with icing on them. they were either half pink / half yellow, half pink / half brown, and one other combination which I cant remember. I used to lick the icing off (took a while) and then eat the biscuit. And no they're not called Party Rings they didnt have a hole in the middle.

As far as I can remember, talking with the wife about these only last week, and glad to know I wasnt the only one who ate them like that.

ICED SHORTIES???? would that be the name, think they might have been crawfords??

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

tonysea wrote: »
    A can of Club Shandy to wash it down 0.05% alc.....oh yeah:cool:

Loved Club Shandy i remember drinking one on a school tour in front of the teachers Jesus we thought we were hard
    Anyone remember Fresca or texan bars

god yea i remember texan bars!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Cabury's had a Banoffe flavoured bar. It was yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

vanilla coke. and is there anywhere in dublin where you can purchase lucky charms ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Yeah you can get lucky charms in Donnybrook Fair and usually in Fallon and Byrne but not always.

There is also a website that sells american stuff that's not available here but i don't remember what its called, i came across it on boards but can't find it now so if anyone knows it please enlighten me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I was trying to explain to my girlfriend about those only recently. Loved them, but they were difficult to eat... which is why they probably brought out the rubbish bar ones soon after.

Old fashioned sweet shop opened in Cork last week - had my first wham bar in nearly 20 years - and was gutted to find out that Postman Pats weren't being made.

edit. Just remembered 5 4 3 2 1 bars. They were fantastic.

ricero wrote: »
    vanilla coke. and is there anywhere in dublin where you can purchase lucky charms ?

whenever me and my mate go to america we come back with our suitcases stuffed with boxes of lucky charms!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Yeah you can get lucky charms in Donnybrook Fair and usually in Fallon and Byrne but not always.

There is also a website that sells american stuff that's not available here but i don't remember what its called, i came across it on boards but can't find it now so if anyone knows it please enlighten me

AMERICAN SODA

http://www.americansoda.co.uk/uk/American-Soda/Home/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 37 no_bother

Gorgo Bars - loved them - a green version of a wham bar with black bits in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just had one and have to say the twix really has been a disappointment to me since they changed the biscuit about ten years ago. Used to be my favourite bar, but now it always tastes sort of stale to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kandifloss

Im trying to think of the name of the bar which was out in the 90's. I was absolutely obsessed with it, it was gorge. Not sure of the maker, think it might have been cadburys but it could have been nestle also and I think the name was Topper. It was a shortish bar- kind of similar in shape to a Topic bar but fatter. It was chewy on the inside and crispy- like a toffee crisp I guess but sweeter.
    Anyone any ideas? Would love if these were brought back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Winner Taco ice creams anyone???

Also, Jolly Ranchers. I know these can still be got in the US, but I have not seen these on Irish Shelves in some time. I think they were taken off sale because of some food colouring used was deemed poisonous or something:eek:

Finally, Wonkas Everlasting Gobstoppers.... Same story as the Ranchers above I think:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Magnum Double Caramel, absolutely loved these, haven't seen them for years :(

double-caramel-l.png

Also Raspberry ade the drink - loved this stuff.

• Advertisement

Magnum Double Caramel, absolutely loved these, haven't seen them for years :(

double-caramel-l.png

Also Raspberry ade the drink - loved this stuff.
    I can't comment for ireland, but these are still sold in every shop in Oz, the name is ego here (different to the irish ego from a few years ago)

Advertisement