Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bring them back thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

tonysea wrote: »
    Remember these little beauts, they were some weird flavour green with purple powder stuff inside and at one time they were about a foot long.

Stinger-Bar.gif

No 90's lunchbox was complete without a prince bar! remember them in the gold paper wrapper. They were actually terrible, I got them whenever the weekly shopping budget was tightened.
    They were amazing!! Used to go to the corner shop nearly every day and get one of these for 10p, a packet of chipstix for 15p and 5 1p flogs. Good times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Jerrica wrote: »
    They were amazing!! Used to go to the corner shop nearly every day and get one of these for 10p, a packet of chipstix for 15p and 5 1p flogs. Good times :D

i got a mixed sweet bag, i think it was tesco, but might have been lidl. it has these, and refresher bars and all sorts of stuff in it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Mellor wrote: »
    I can't comment for ireland, but these are still sold in every shop in Oz, the name is ego here (different to the irish ego from a few years ago)
    What are they called in Oz? Wonder if they may be sold in Ireland under the same name as Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I said the name in my last post. Ego. They've always been ego in Oz, they aren't suddenly back out.
    The name ego was previously used in ireland, it was mentinoed in the thread previously. I can't see why they'd use that name in ireland. if they come back, it'll be the same name

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

space-dust-popping-candy.jpg

Mouth-crackingly good!!:D

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    I said the name in my last post. Ego. They've always been ego in Oz, they aren't suddenly back out.
    The name ego was previously used in ireland, it was mentinoed in the thread previously. I can't see why they'd use that name in ireland. if they come back, it'll be the same name
    Apologies, my bad.

Many thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Anyone remember Delhi bars? They were a rum and raison fondant bar covered in dark chocolate from the 80s. They were great!

Another one - Cadbury snow flakes, mmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

ricero wrote: »
    vanilla coke. and is there anywhere in dublin where you can purchase lucky charms ?

Fallon and Byrne, Exchequer Street, and Happy Pills, to the left of Central Bank coming from Dame Street. Expect to pay around €8 for them though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are galaxy caramels still around?haven't seen them in a while,I loved them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You can definitely still get Galaxy Caramel. A few years ago they replaced the Galazy Hazelnut with some sort of caramelised nut thing that is nothing like the original though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

After reading this thread I went on a search for some sweets and found this website http://www.slipsweetshop.com/sweet-shop.php?cat=5

has loads of stuff mentioned here based in Kilkenny aswell! Apple bonbons:D Chocolate mice:D and Chocolate Turkish:D

(i'm also invested a a pair of Homer Simpson style fat-man pants!)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

5421.jpg
    Wonka:nutty crunch surprise
    The nicest bar i have ever tasted :D
    I hope they bring them back as you can't get them anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Don't know if anyone's near/in Galway but there's a new shop after opening called "Candyland". Look it up on Facebook, seems to have alot of American sweets loads of Wonka stuff aswell..

....AND Vanilla Coke!! :D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Magnum Double Caramel, absolutely loved these, haven't seen them for years :(

double-caramel-l.png

Also Raspberry ade the drink - loved this stuff.

They still have Magnum Double Caramel here, in Galway at least. I had one a few weeks ago, it was lovely! I'm not sure if they've still got the same name though, I think it might have changed

desdman wrote: »
    5421.jpg

They were amazing, I'd be so happy if they came back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

desdman wrote: »
    5421.jpg

I loved the fudge one....mmmmmm.

Apple jacks anyone? Ive searching EVERYWHERE for them:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Woppa bars! They were in cola or spearmint flavour, and like 5p each.

Crunchies - really hard, crunchy, hot-dog flavoured crisps made by perri. They were like 13p when all the other crisps were 10p.

Freaky foot, or big foot or something. Vanilla ice cream shaped like a foot with raspberry ripple going all through it and chocolate on the toes!

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Woppa bars! They were in cola or spearmint flavour, and like 5p each.

Crunchies - really hard, crunchy, hot-dog flavoured crisps made by perri. They were like 13p when all the other crisps were 10p.

Freaky foot, or big foot or something. Vanilla ice cream shaped like a foot with raspberry ripple going all through it and chocolate on the toes!

woppa bars.....mmmm
    i thought the freaky foot was strawberry?
    me and my dad were only talking about them :)

fat frog ice lollies....completely differnet to fat frogs i have now :)
    robin hood ice lollies, you could get them in lemonade, cola, raspberry and orange.

or my fav, tk raspberry

i miss them soo much :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Bodan wrote: »
    Cadbury Dairymilk shortcake biscuit

i really miss these. :(

Why did they stop making them i wonder???!!! God i used to eat loads of them, would love if they came back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

[Embedded Image Removed]

Remember them bad boys?

No doubt cancerous in some form or another, but highly addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Never saw them in my life.

i can feel the souriness now just lookin at the wrapper, but of course i still ate them at a kid :)

booboo88 wrote: »
    i can feel the souriness now just lookin at the wrapper, but of course i still ate them at a kid :)

:) Yeah, they are seriously sour. Cant be healthy whatever substance makes your tongue tingle like that...

i'd say alot the sweets we ate when we were younger were nearly radioactive:rolleyes:
    anyone remember eating paper?? i was soo easily amused

Yeah that was a bit of a fad there for awhile alright. Wouldnt mind but it tasted like...well...paper! How did we eat that stuff?

Another memory was the giant gobstoppers. I seen a lad in school eating it so much his tongue bled, which is never a good sign...

his tongue bled??? yikesss......remember those ridiculously long tubes of bubble gum? your jaw nearly fall off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thers's a thread for old time sweets already

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

punchdrunk wrote: »
    any one remember the A team chrisps!?? they had face on the bag I think!
    kinda spicy flavour

Yes - they all had their own flavour.

Face's Hot Lips are still around but the others are long since gone :(

I remember Whopa Bars too. The spearmint flavour tasted like eating a wad of toothpaste but they were so nice ... yummmm

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭skytop

Nestle " secret " was the nicest bar ever

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Aw god I want nerds, nerds ropes and lucky charms back they're class except that'll never happen :( Aw and also nerds chocolate..

Advertisement