Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stomach Flutters

Options
  • 06-02-2011 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

Anyone experience stomach fluttering in the early weeks of pregnancy??? Something similar to bubbles in the lower abdomen just below the belly button.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Anyone experience stomach fluttering in the early weeks of pregnancy??? Something similar to bubbles in the lower abdomen just below the belly button.

How early? Is this your first?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Well I'm not sure I'm pregnant that's the thing. My last period was the last week in Nov, I was due 19th Jan but other than a day of spotting on Jan 6th I haven't had a period. I did a digital test last Wed evening and one first thing Thurs morning with negative results but I've since been reading about stomach flutters in early pregnancy which I've been getting for a couple of weeks and now I'm wondering if I got a false negative result on the digital pregnancy test?? :confused:

I really don't think it could be a baby. I only felt the first bit of movement at 18 weeks. At the stage you're talking about a baby would be microscopic and have no limbs. It's probably gas.

However that's not to say you're not pregnant either.

Yeah I didn't think it was likely to be a baby moving or anything just maybe a pregnancy symptom like your body preparing itself or something.
    I might leave it until the end of the month and retest if AF still hasn't shown. Thanks for your help.

It could be. Tummy trouble is a common early pregnancy symptom, a lot of people get constipated (I was the opposite). I'm sure there are as many gassy lassies.

You could try using the most sensitive test you can get and testing with your first morning urine. The recommendation is to test every second day to allow the HCG levels to come up. It approximately doubles every two days.

• Advertisement

I took a First Response test this morning, not my first pee but I hadn't anything to drink so it should have been concentrated enough, it was negative.
    Don't know what to think now, it's been 77 day now since my last period and other than feeling quite bloated, some hot flushes, some stomach twinges and lack of a period I feel normal.
    I'm very confused now, I guess I'll just have to wait for AF to show up :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

It might be a good idea to go to your GP and get checked out. There are things other than pregnancy that can disrupt periods and cause discomfort. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Squiggler wrote: »
    It might be a good idea to go to your GP and get checked out. There are things other than pregnancy that can disrupt periods and cause discomfort. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks, you might be right. I have a day off work next week if AF hasn't shown up by then I will make an appointment with my doctor. I feel like I'm in limbo, I would just like a definite answer one way or the other!

Another negative urine test in the doctors today, she has sent me to get some blood work done tomorrow, I should have the results in about a week.
    I'm a little nervous but I thought I'd keep this thread going and let people know the outcome as I've found alot of questions posted by people on the internet about missed periods, unusually cycles etc. but v.few come back with a follow up post to say what their outcome was. Whatever happens with me could help someone else :)

So I got my blood test results back, tyroid normal, homones normal but still no period???????????
    Where do I go from here, this is so frustrating. My original doctor didn't give me the results but her partner so I've now to wait to talk to her on Monday. Will this nightmare ever end :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Barbie_

Hi Ms2011 Would you mind updating ? I am now in the same situation
    Thanks in advance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 butterfly84

me too - have a docs app tomorrow so hopefully I get some answers.

AF arrived approximately a week after my last post and my cycle went back to normal after that. My blood tests were all fine, no hormone imbalance, thyoid problems etc. My doctor said sometimes women just experience a 'blip' in their cycle every once in awhile for no obvious reason and she didn't seem too worried about it.
    I am now 17 weeks pregnant so it had no bearing on my fertility :)
    If you are worried though I would definately advise going to the doctor, I think the piece of mind alone from that help bring on AF a week later :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 butterfly84

Congratulations! :)

Just back from the doc myself.Apparently this is normal for women and when I asked when I should start worrying she said after 6 months!Its only been one month missed now so I guess Ill have to wait ...but defo not waiting 6 months.I got the referral thing for the blood tests so I can use that after a few weeks if nothing happens.Hopefully I wont need to though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Barbie_

Congratulations to you dats great news :) thanks appreciate the update
    I went to my doctor last week and she booked me in for a transabdominal and transvaginal ultrasound I got a letter the next day to say my appointment was for the 2nd November couldn't believe how soon as was expecting a wait

I finished taking the pill June 6th had a period that lasted a week June 11th took 50 days for the next one and now it's been 83 days and haven't had anything since

Really just went to put my mind at rest and was expecting her to say come back in a few months it's normal for the body to take time after coming off the pill but she was very thorough - she also said if I do get my period to come back to her on day 3 and she would take bloods then also but if it hasn't happened and I'm worried come back 2 weeks after the ultrasound and she would more than likely have my results and cud do the bloods at the same time

Advertisement