Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bike accessories rearsets levers etc

• 07-02-2011 1:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

just curious as to where posters on here buy their bike accessories

the kind of accessories I'm talking about are stuff like pazzo/titax levers, gilles/rizoma rearsets etc + upgrades for ducati superbike/italian marques

any good shops have them in stock here so you can get a look at them

failing that any dependable websites/ebay shops etc that ship to ireland?

know of a couple myself but wondering if theres anything better webstores or if i could give the custom to an irish business if they were roughly competitive pricewise for this sort of stuff

Comments

One or two good sites here if you want to buy online:
    Demon Tweeks
    Into Bikes
    Irish based here in Cork:Morrison BHP
    I bought Pazzo levers and a lot of Rizoma stuff for my MT-01 from the Triumph dealer here in Cork and they matched online prices.
    EDIT: Forgot to mention this guy:yamabits.co.uk He does Rizoma stuff too. He's based in Jersey so it's a bit cheaper. Mainly does yamaha stuff but they can get you pretty much anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

Cheers Nialler

Demon Tweeks has some nice gilles and bonamici rearsets I like the look of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

EDIT: Forgot to mention this guy:yamabits.co.uk He does Rizoma stuff too. He's based in Jersey so it's a bit cheaper. Mainly does yamaha stuff but they can get you pretty much anything!

As he's based in Jersey there's a chance you can be hit for VAT and duty when buying from him. Ad about 25% onto whatever he's charging to cover the chance of getting caught for taxes.

Del2005 wrote: »
    As he's based in Jersey there's a chance you can be hit for VAT and duty when buying from him. Ad about 25% onto whatever he's charging to cover the chance of getting caught for taxes.

True there is a chance, but I've been lucky so far :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

True there is a chance, but I've been lucky so far :D

I always thought the UK had a special deal with the EU to allow crown dependences to trade as if they were EU countries so shouldn't get caught for vat.

• Advertisement

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I always thought the UK had a special deal with the EU to allow crown dependences to trade as if they were EU countries so shouldn't get caught for vat.

Haven't a clue about any of that myself. I've bought a lot of stuff from yamabits in the last year and never been charged by customs. The difference in price from jersey and yamaha here is shocking. I just ordered the alloy rearsets and drive sprocket cover for my MT-01 off them, cost about €640. Thats cheaper than what yamaha/danfay here in Ireland quoted me for just the rearsets last year. So even if you do get hit for customs I reckon your still saving money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

came across another one myself

dinocorse.com

seem quite good, anyone use them? if so what were you're experiences like?

Advertisement