Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some questions about TvT

• 07-02-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Just got some things I'm curious about to ask regarding the TvT matchup

I always do Tank Viking in TvT, rarely I do cloak banshee but nearly all the time I go straight for Tank-Viking

My question is, when I push, I push for siege mode to complete by the time I get there, and rally all my units to my current army. Now, I realized lately that I usually have a lot of marines sitting idle while my tanks and vikings do all the work. I then thought, do I really need all these marines? I'm just curious. I like to add more factories and 'ports when I got a nice contain going to double up on unit production, and then expand shortly after. Should I leave my marines at home, or set my barracks rally point to in base to deal with any drop or banshee harass?

Secondly, how do I deal with drops? If I am containing my opponent, what's stopping him sneaking out the back door with a medivac and raping my SCVs while all my units are at his front door? I started to put up sensor towers recently, but I realised I don't really know where is better, in my base or outside his

And if I see a drop, how should I deal with it if all my vikings are at front? Put some vikings on flight paths to deal with it?

Any advice is appreciated, just find my TvT to be quite patchy :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

You're playing mech, or at least bio mech. You're ALWAYS going to have mobility problems, to prevent drops you need to be proactive with vikings if you're containing early midgame or if you're turtling, split off a siege tank or two per base to cover your main/nat. Playing mech v bio you need to do basically one good attack otherwise you're going to get out maneuvered and picked apart to death.

There's a 2 fac 2 port build on TL forums that's high mobility mech but seems to me to be highly tempo based and requires good timing judgement and mechanics to execute well. In low leagues I'd just recommend to go bio, expand like a zerg and constantly trade marauders for siege tanks before the other dude gets a critical mass.

Fwiw, siege expand is probably one of the absolute safest openers (only slightly vulnerable to bancheese) in the current state of the game but also the worst economically. A one rax f/e and a flank will smash your push assuming the other dude is up on his macro.

Continuing to answer your question, on like 3-4 base make turrets and sensor towers. Ring your entire goddamn base with turrets around it so medivacs trying to drop **** will just die, if it's early game, just split your army there's no real reason to have your entire army at the front of your latest base. If you're containing, make turrets there too and bunkers. You're playing terran mech. Also, if you have a good viking count, don't bother with marines, just make blueflame hellions, better tank shot soak and they murder marines.

Marines are usually to counter banshee play earlygame before you get vikings and if they other guy is going heavy marauder and if your tank count if for some reason low (you got contained and are turtling on 2 base and are needing gas like a crack whore)

Advertisement