Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does the CAO get your results?

Options
  • 07-02-2011 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

This might be a stupid question- it's late and I'm overthinking- but since you don't fill in your exam number or PPS number on your CAO application (or have I missed some vital part of the application? Haha) how do they get your results?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I've always wondered this too. I did my LC in 2010. CAO knew my results, but I'm not sure how. It probably had something to do with entering the school I went to, but maybe not.

It probably just references your name and date of birth to the database of examination results, and any clashes could be verified by address, or school, etc.

UCAS also knew my results, because they changed my Conditional Offer to Unconditional very shortly after the results came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

So exam numbers aren't entered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I've always wondered this too. I did my LC in 2010. CAO knew my results, but I'm not sure how. It probably had something to do with entering the school I went to, but maybe not.

It probably just references your name and date of birth to the database of examination results, and any clashes could be verified by address, or school, etc.

UCAS also knew my results, because they changed my Conditional Offer to Unconditional very shortly after the results came out.

Do you not have to put in your exam number into CAO?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

I wonder this too. If I'm supposed to have put my exam number into CAO, I haven't done so yet.:confused:

I'm a bit worried because I have a slightly different name on my CAO to the one in my school. I don't want them to get confused.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

The CAO must use records from the Department of Education, using your name as a method to obtain your exam number. Worry not, anyway: you'll be sent forms by the CAO over the next couple of months that'll be adorned with your exam number, automatically put in. If it's wrong, inform your school for advice, which will end up having them change it to the right one.

The only time you need to input your exam number to the CAO is if you're applying to the CAO using a previous year's exam results. Why they can't issue exam numbers before CAO applications close is a logistical mystery, as far as I know. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

They just guess? No?

Or is that just our government doing the guessing work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

Go on to that
    http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=faq

scroll down and there you go , ask !
    (Press "my question is not anwsered above ..etc " ) hope this helps :L:D

Advertisement