Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorrento

Options
  • 07-02-2011 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

What happened to the chipper Sorrento in Rathfarnham? It was open all hours and the lad used to give great portions and was sound. Where is he now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Does he have any other chippers around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

What happened is shrouded in mystery.

He's sorely missed, that's for sure.

But there's a new Thai place in its place that's top class and the new Village Takeaway across the road is very good: their large bags of chips are a match for Sorrento's.

Still though, he was good craic and I'm sorry that he's not there any more.

What happened is shrouded in mystery.

He's sorely missed, that's for sure.

But there's a new Thai place in its place that's top class and the new Village Takeaway across the road is very good: their large bags of chips are a match for Sorrento's.

Still though, he was good craic and I'm sorry that he's not there any more.
    He was great alright. Bought a phone off me before too. Then played me in his throw the coin game and took all my money. Free food though

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

I hated him, did like playing that game but couldn't stand him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lt. Columbo

I'm fairly certain Sacha Baron Cohen found himself in there one night hammered, and woke up the next day with the idea of Borat... "It's verrry niiice!", "I likea you!!", etc. ALL Sorrento originals! The man doesn't get the recognition he deserves!!

• Advertisement

I'm fairly certain Sacha Baron Cohen found himself in there one night hammered, and woke up the next day with the idea of Borat... "It's verrry niiice!", "I likea you!!", etc. ALL Sorrento originals! The man doesn't get the recognition he deserves!!
    So true :pac:
    Did the place get smashed up on his last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Saw him this morning carrying a briefcase through Rathfarnham Village. He glanced in my direction, shouted "MY AMIGO!!" and was gone. He's probably planning on opening up near the village again. The guards won't like that...

flyton5 wrote: »
    Saw him this morning carrying a briefcase through Rathfarnham Village. He glanced in my direction, shouted "MY AMIGO!!" and was gone. He's probably planning on opening up near the village again. The guards won't like that...
    I really hope so, he needs to return. The guards should feck off out of his business. They always seemed to be lurking around his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The new Indian across the road is a good spot. Delhi Lounge. They have an early bird 5-7pm, 3 courses for €13.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

wyndham wrote: »
    The new Indian across the road is a good spot. Delhi Lounge. They have an early bird 5-7pm, 3 courses for €13.50.

Sounds like great value, and the food's decent? What's the name of the place? That Indian at the end of the village always seems empty, surprised it's still going.

• Advertisement

If anyone knows where I can find him let me know

Advertisement