Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ray darcy on march 9th

• 07-02-2011 3:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Ray Darcy promised last year that he would emigrate if Enda Kenny ever becomes taoisach, He is going to look a right gob****e on march 9th unless he does it isnt he?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Best reason i've heard so far to vote FG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭baldbear

I once said i'd kill my girlfriend but i didn't really mean it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tapes wrote: »
    Ray Darcy promised last year that he would emigrate if Enda Kenny ever becomes taoisach

Yeah I was wondering about this as well. It seems inevitable that Enda will be the next Taoiseach, I wondering is D'Arcy packing his bags... I thought it was extremely childish and populist for him to make such a statement about Enda Kenny.. especially given that he is in a position of influence.. Fair enough if he wanted to give his backing to one candidate, but to do a hatchet job on Kenny (who's a decent guy, albeit a bit of an eeegit) was unfair and unnecessary..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Hopefully little Ray will leave these shores as he committed to do.

It would be appropriate in ways considering how he was one of the credit bubbles greatest cheerleaders.

IMO little Ray is as complicit as Seanie Fitz or PB Ahern for the morass that was created by their loose credit frenzy and pathetic cheerleading.

Leave Ray, go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Where do Ray's allegiences lie? I never listen to him so wouldn't have a clue myself? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

telekon wrote: »
    Where do Ray's allegiences lie? I never listen to him so wouldn't have a clue myself? :confused:
    Wondering that meself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭baldbear

Labour maybe? He doesn't really align himself with any party. He said he'd leave the country when Kenny is leader, so he could go on a day trip to London and he wouldn't be breaking his promise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

PARKHEAD67 banned for 1 week for blatant abuse of radio presenters on this thread. Post deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

He seems to be totally personality led. His dislike of Kenny is based purely on his aversion to certain facets of his personality that he can't quite put his finger on. Or, as Ray so eloquently put it last week "Enda Kenny - nnnnn, nnnn,,nnnnn, nnnnn, nnnn, nnnnn, nee.

Someone should tell Ray to stick to what he has been so good at for the past 10 years - light entertainment; and leave the politics and current affairs to Matt Cooper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

Someone should tell Ray to stick to what he has been so good at for the past 10 years - light entertainment; and leave the politics and current affairs to Matt Cooper.

+1 Although I don't think he's any good at the light entertainment either.

I saw his interview with Brendan O'Connor a few months ago, embarrassingly awful....talk about being out of your depth. I don't listen to his radio show but I presume he comes out with the same sort of smug, populist grandstanding that a lot of 'personalities' feel is necessary nowadays.

Of course, he's not going to go anywhere but I can only live in hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

What he said was he would leave the country, when pressed on it he said a 2 week holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Cole wrote: »
    I saw his interview with Brendan O'Connor a few months ago, embarrassingly awful....

Well half of the people involved in that were likely to be embarrassingly awful to begin with, even before Ray showed up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

baldbear wrote: »
    He said he'd leave the country when Kenny is leader, so he could go on a day trip to London and he wouldn't be breaking his promise!

Or he could just nip up the road to Newry, buy some cheap booze and be home in time to watch Enda Kenny heading off to meet the president ;)

Advertisement