Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADVICE ON TRANSFERRING COLLEGE PLEASE!! :(

Options
  • 07-02-2011 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey, sorry about the big long story, but I'm in such an awful situation and I would really appreciate any comments or advice that could help relax me a bit :/ lol

I messed up my cao last year and ended up in UCD music instead of DKIT music, which was awful because I wanted to do music performance, and UCD does only theory... I was told that I could apply for a transfer in March to go in to 2nd year in DKIT ....

I absolutely hated UCDs course, so within 2 months I told my parents it would be best if I dropped out and applied to DKIT through cao next year.... but after a month and a half out of UCD (unofficially dropped out) my parents convinced me to give the year a go, saying I had nothing to lose...

At that stage, I only had 2 weeks to my Christmas exams, and had missed out on assignments that were due during that time, so I was automatically going to be down a lot of percent in my exams, but I studied really hard for my exams anyway, and did the best I could after missing half the teaching term. My results in the end were B, B, B, C, C, F, F, F ( I know I took way too many modules for the first semester)

After doing my exams I find out that I cannot go into first year next year without paying the full 6,000e fee, and when I told my parents they said I wouldn't be going again if that happened.

I can repeat my exams in August and I know I will do well with enough time to prepare, but by then it could be too late and I might be declined my application to 2nd year in DKIT because of my fails in my Christmas exams.
    Basically, because my parents said no to paying full fees my entire college future depends on DKITs decision. After asking them they said they will consider my application but no guarantees...

Does ANYONE know anything about this? maybe if someone has failed then repeated and they got accepted in any course?

I'd be over the moon if someone replied, maybe I'd get some sleep at night.. lol

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Are the fee's for Music special for some reason? My next door neighbour is doing a second course in DKIT so has to pay full fee's but his fee is €3500 not €6000.

You have used up your government supplement for first year I'm afraid so if you've to start again you have to pay for that first year yourself, but after that the government will supplement you for the years you haven't used, 2nd, 3rd ,4th...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

You should ring DKIT 'NOW' and tell them about you're situation and see what they say because they don't do anything quickly - Also the fees could be high if you have to pay resitration and course fees which could be between 4-6k, so if you do fail a few subjects in UCD its probably best you repeat them in UCD and then go into second year in DKIT so you'll only have to pay the reg fee!

So definetly ring DKIT tomorrow and just try not get down about whatever and just put 100% into UCD this year!

Advertisement