Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nile in The Button Factory

Options
  • 07-02-2011 4:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

does anybody know if this gig is sold out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

nope, according to the organiser there's still plenty of tickets left. Myself and a mate will be paying in at the door on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Also good to check the Metal Ireland page about this sort of thing.

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45169&start=90&sid=8d4fcc67dfcee554b1898ea382a70995

H is the Organiser (promoter?). I think he works for Dublin Metal Events (DME). Check out the last post from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

How much are the tickets lads think I might check this out...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kilgannon

i have a ticket for sale if anyone wants one 25 euro. sorry for the add i just need to sell it bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

kilgannon wrote: »
    i have a ticket for sale if anyone wants one 25 euro. sorry for the add i just need to sell it bad

Thats a bit pricy? Anyways you might have some luck posting this on adverts also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just got this from Fergal on Facebook:

Venue change for Nile + Melechesh + Dew-Scented + Zonaria + Darkrise - show will now be in The Village with doors opening at 6pm instead of 5pm. Nile will finish at midnight approx. with DJ Darragh O' Laoghaire from Bruxelles on the decks 'til the small hours. Existing tickets remain valid. Please spread the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Hi all,

My 16 year-old son is pretty much a newbie to metal gigs. Ticketmaster have this listed as 18s with ID required. I presume checks are pretty strict? Is he stuck with arena gigs until he turns 18?

Thus far he's been in seats at gigs, how bad does it get on the floor? Are the likes of death metal gigs all right for not getting beaten up and such? Or is it just pot luck?

Thanks...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Hi all,

My 16 year-old son is pretty much a newbie to metal gigs. Ticketmaster have this listed as 18s with ID required. I presume checks are pretty strict? Is he stuck with arena gigs until he turns 18?

Thus far he's been in seats at gigs, how bad does it get on the floor? Are the likes of death metal gigs all right for not getting beaten up and such? Or is it just pot luck?

Thanks...

I'd say it's listed so because of the venue (pub\club rather than arena). Unless it states on the ticket something along the lines of "accompanied by parent\guardian" then yeah he's pretty much stuck until he gets older!.

There are exceptions though. I mean I'm sure underagers have gotten in to these gigs. Law of averages n'all that.

Also metal gigs are grand once you don't go up the front! To escape the moshpits. The Village is a handy venue that you'll be able to see most\all of the stage from the sound desk at the rear. Ugh, I am old! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

chin_grin wrote: »
    Also metal gigs are grand once you don't go up the front! To escape the moshpits. The Village is a handy venue that you'll be able to see most\all of the stage from the sound desk at the rear.
    Cool, thanks for that.
    Ugh, I am old! :o
    Who are ya tellin'. I was doing the white, short-haired aging rocker thing with him at Metallica last year in Belfast. Had to turn up the hearing aid!... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It is pretty risky that he might not get in. I remember I was at a venue over in England for Cannibal Corpse, it was advertised as 18's and over, but they let in a few people that were younger. Only thing was, they put a big black X on their hands with a marker so they wouldn't get served alcohol at the bar.

Denny M wrote: »
    It is pretty risky that he might not get in. I remember I was at a venue over in England for Cannibal Corpse, it was advertised as 18's and over, but they let in a few people that were younger. Only thing was, they put a big black X on their hands with a marker so they wouldn't get served alcohol at the bar.

Such a simple, effective way of dealing with it. But NOOOOOOO chung wans who want to see their favourite band have to wait until they are 'of age'. Grrrr.

I'd like to see a figure of the amount of income a gig could lose because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

This could be a class gig, wish I'd the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks...

http://www.dublinmetalevents.com/contact

You'd be better off contacting H here & asking him. Some of the gigs are very strict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mowerr

Cant WAIT for this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RightHalfBack

Anyone know anything about any of the support acts?

Melechesh + Dew-Scented + Zonaria + Darkrise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Well that wasn't too shabby.

Advertisement