Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone4 Eating Credit WHILE IM ASLEEP...

Options
  • 07-02-2011 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I am with Vodafone Pre-Pay and I am fed up with the iPhone4 (HAVE IT 1 WEEK NOW) Eating credit all apps are closed and now I have just found out from google that when the iPhone is asleep it switches off WIFI and goes back to Data Usage basically if iPhone4 needs to update itself or maybe it needs to send anonymous details to APPLE you know the pop up that comes up at the start when you register the Phone do you wish to send Apple Anonymous details etc and you just click YES well what they dont tell you is this happens EVERYNIGHT at about 3am so if you have been wondering where your credit is going OH AND GET THIS IT WONT USE YOUR WIFI Instead it uses your Vodafone Connection (Or Other Mobile Operator),
    Is anyone else having this problem or wondering why your phone is eating credit etc I checked my Phone at 3.15am - Checked it again 30 Minutes later 18 CENT GONE I Know you might think I am mad 18c big deal etc BUT HOW OFTEN THIS HAPPENS I Dont know but all I know is Ive lost 3 euro without calling anyone, If I switch off 3G and Cellular Date I wont be able to receive picture messages etc but waking up in the morning to find I am missing a euro is very annoying especially when Vodafone don't tell you this can anyone else shed some light on this I thought I was going mad until I kept googaling and it seems every Apple User this happens to WARNING BE CAREFUL Your Credit will be all gone, I have seen via Google advice is to download an APP called DATAMAN Which monitors your Data download but I kept telling the VODAFONE GUY Why am I being charged if Im connected to WIFI all the time at home and I dont connect to internet when I am out,
    WHEN YOU GOOGLE IT ALL It comes up that Apple do this without your knowledge and actually charge you,
    WHATS MY OPTIONS?
    Keep the iPhone and go isnt it amazing it connects when it feels like it and eats your credit?
    HELP PEOPLE PLEASE...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Thank you for that very informative post. However I must point out to you that this is the Boards.ie Help Desk, for issues with the site itself.

Your best bet would be the Apple Media Devices forum.

But of course, you already knew that, didn't you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭IrishPsychic

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Thank you for that very informative post. However I must point out to you that this is the Boards.ie Help Desk, for issues with the site itself.

Your best bet would be the Apple Media Devices forum.

But of course, you already knew that, didn't you? :D

Thank you I thought I could create a new post here for everyone to read I dont know how so I went into help and saw the button new thread sorry once again maybe I am not allowed to create a new post I am unsure...
    Best Wishes,
    Irish-Psychic

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,300 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's a New Thread button in every forum, so you'll be able to start a thread in every forum you have access to.

However I would suggest that you use proper punctuation, sentences and paragraphs as your posts are very difficult to read. if people have difficulty reading a post generally they will ignore it and go on to the next post/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭IrishPsychic

Zaph wrote: »
    There's a New Thread button in every forum, so you'll be able to start a thread in every forum you have access to.

However I would suggest that you use proper punctuation, sentences and paragraphs as your posts are very difficult to read. if people have difficulty reading a post generally they will ignore it and go on to the next post/thread.

I know I know lol, I type the way I speak if that makes sense, In my head it makes sense but I see what you mean sorry and I will try that, My punctuation is dreadful anyways so I will take proper care next time thanks a million for letting me know how to do it properly,
    Best Wishes,
    Irish-Psychic

Advertisement