Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South American Property Advice

Options
  • 07-02-2011 6:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Folks,

I was curious as to whether or not anyone here had any experience with regards to purchasing/ownership of property in a South American country?

Ireland, for obvious reasons, has lost it's appeal as both an investment opportunity and also as a future place of residence for me. Therefore, I have decided to research other possible locations that may be appealing to me.

I see this as a medium term goal (5-7 years). Initially, I am looing for residences but I would also consider business opportunities that are tied to a property (opening a hostel/guesthouse, bar..etc). What I am mainly concerned with right now is;

Potential locations - Brazil/Argentina/Colombia would be top of the list but I am open to any suggestions or experiences that you may have. Is there a particular location in SA that jumped out at you?

Potential pitfalls - safety, ownership rights, legality of owning property...etc.

Cost vs Value.

Any other issues I might need to consider.

Thanks, in advance, for the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Retail Hell

brazil is the country with the most to gain in the short term, its holding the world cup and olympics in the next decade, also there is a growth in the new middle class with disposalable cash new developments are springing up all over the cities, and lots of regional shopping centres, but also check out vietnam as its a fast growing asian country, (if you want to go east)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Automated Response

Thanks for the input.

I believe that Vietnam has rather complicated ownership laws.

Advertisement