Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Options around Ardee?

Options
  • 07-02-2011 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Any advice recommendations for a decent, reliable broadband supplier around Ardee? I'm looking for ~3mb or more at a nice price. Phone line not necessary but if the bundle is good we dont mind.

I was previously with Eircom in my last house but currently I am looking at all the other suppliers around the area.

I was looking at the prices for Digiweb, Net1, Vodafone, Smart etc and I am struggling to decide. Any help would be great...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mesenger1

Hi Thewools,

I live in Ardee town and use 3mobile, €19.99 per month and the service is spot on. No landline needed and it suits me. Believe they are now doing it for only €9.99 but only 1mb - not sure, but check their website.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Net 1 cover most of Ardee town and quite an area around it. But it all depends on line of sight from your roof to their relay point.

Regards,Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Mesenger1 wrote: »
    Hi Thewools,

I live in Ardee town and use 3mobile, €19.99 per month and the service is spot on. No landline needed and it suits me. Believe they are now doing it for only €9.99 but only 1mb - not sure, but check their website.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers we currently have a vodafone 3G dongle and the quality varies. At times it's very slow during peak times.. So looking for a more stable connection
    rugbyman wrote: »
    Net 1 cover most of Ardee town and quite an area around it. But it all depends on line of sight from your roof to their relay point.

Regards,Rugbyman
    I see they are advertising for phone and broadband for 35 a month. I think there is an installation fee though? Anyone any idea of the speeds (download and upload) and ping I would expect with Net1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

looking at getting the vodafone broadband in ardee. has anyone got it and if so whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

viztopia wrote: »
    looking at getting the vodafone broadband in ardee. has anyone got it and if so whats it like?

I went with Vodafone in the end... and have been very happy with their service. Pay 38 a month for phone and broadband.

Get ~7mb per sec download. Upload isnt great but doesnt really affect me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

viztopia wrote: »

They're decent. Mother uses them and apart from the router she has no complaints.

You should speak to Sky. They're launching their broadband service in Ireland and their packages are meant to be incredibly good value for money.

Advertisement