Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chip and Pin / Barcoding Technology

• 07-02-2011 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi guys ,

a friend of mine has filed for provisional patent on an invention he has. He's looking at getting on something like the dragons den with this , however by all accounts if you don't have a prototype your dust on these things.

All that sort of stuff aside he doesn't have the necessary technological skills to bring this project forward. To me , it seems lie a pretty crackin idea and he has had good feedback from various places.

So if there was anyone out there with the necessary skills to bring this forward he would cut them in on the invention. Give them equity in the company involved...

The skills required are knowledge of chip and pin automation ( old credit card bar coding might work here too) ,programming used in vending machines, mobile technology ( possibliy)....

I've done my best to explain it keeping commercial sensitivities in mind...
    It could be discussed further at length with the right person.

Thanks for taking the time to read this , anyone interested PM me.

Advertisement