Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite installers

Options
  • 07-02-2011 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Well folks. So my partner isnt originally from ireland and wants to get her channels in. I dont mind, she bought the sport package:). Dose anyone have the number for tv ted or some other fella? I did the fta dish myself but i havn a clue where to point this dish. Thanks folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

You might as well have been speaking swhalii. Dumb it down for me, and i'll ask my brother when I see him. He's good at that kind of stuff - contacts wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

You might as well have been speaking swhalii. Dumb it down for me, and i'll ask my brother when I see him. He's good at that kind of stuff - contacts wise.

aye, just re read that post. Twas a bit rushed. Basically i have this box for foreign channels. (i have me own that pulls in the likes of ch4, e4, bbc etc). I need a fella to install it basically, as i dont know where to aim the dish so it gets the satelite, and wil probably make a balls of it. Im looking for the number for this fella called 'tv ted'. Does that sort of stuff, or any other satelite installer. Cant bate free tv :) pisses the ould lad off when he pays for chorus:):P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

where in offaly are ya ive installed one for my missus to and shes polish
    it was cyfra on the 13.0 hotbird satellite
    but theres lots more providers on that satellite aswell
    il set it up for ya if ya like if your close enough that is

or i can tell ya how to set it up if ya like using the box she has
    ya just have to look at the signal strength in the box settings

and move dish till its good
    what i did was bring a little telly outside and look at it on the ground while moving the dish its 2 minutes work once the dish is up

dont be fooled by lads telling ya its very hard to do just to rob 100 or 150 euro off ya
    if ya did one already its the very same for the other
    im in birr

the dish ya have up is pointing at an astra satellite
    all ya have to do is move the other one about 2 inches left or right at most il check which direction

Well daithi. I have done the astra before grand. I know its simple n all. But havn trouble finding satelite (although i was just fiddling wit it. Im in cloneygowan now. Il get a better dish first. If thats not too far for ya (although i reckon it near an hour) sure we can go for a bird or two afterwards:) tis 'polsat' iv to put in for her, she polish too. She got me the sport package so i may keep her happy:)

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Well daithi. I have done the astra before grand. I know its simple n all. But havn trouble finding satelite (although i was just fiddling wit it. Im in cloneygowan now. Il get a better dish first. If thats not too far for ya (although i reckon it near an hour) sure we can go for a bird or two afterwards:) tis 'polsat' iv to put in for her, she polish too. She got me the sport package so i may keep her happy:)

it shows english games at the weekend so its grand
    even though its polish commentary
    but ya get used to it

thats a deal so if ya bring me for a shot il give ya a hand find the signal its easy to do once the dish is hanging and the cables are connected properly
    what dish are ya using by the way

ya its not to far from tullamore theres no hassle
    il bring her box as i no how to look at the signal strength on it

• Advertisement

I have a spare one from lidl that i got all the astra channels before, and like six free polish channels when it moved in the wind:D Now i have the sky mesh dish but i reckon il need another one for this. Yea i not sure how much she paid for the package as it was in zwoty monies but i get all my boxin channels, eurosport and stuff:) she has it for 2 years i think. Il go in an price dishes tomo. When suits you?

I have a spare one from lidl that i got all the astra channels before, and like six free polish channels when it moved in the wind:D Now i have the sky mesh dish but i reckon il need another one for this. Yea i not sure how much she paid for the package as it was in zwoty monies but i get all my boxin channels, eurosport and stuff:) she has it for 2 years i think. Il go in an price dishes tomo. When suits you?

the sky one will work on astra and probably on the hotbird but not sure
    the lidl one will probably do anyway il ask around

as for when suits i dont mind when suits you
    do ya need it up straight away or maybe this weekend or the weekend after?

Il get back to ya on that daith. I may get a better dish. Didn get a chance to go to the shop and see today mate. Il get back to ya asap. Thanks

Il get back to ya on that daith. I may get a better dish. Didn get a chance to go to the shop and see today mate. Il get back to ya asap. Thanks

i was asking on a sat forum i do be on
    the sky dish should work for ya so theres no need

daithi55 wrote: »
    i was asking on a sat forum i do be on
    the sky dish should work for ya so theres no need

is it ok that the sky dish has the astra?? Can the two be run off the one dish ok? Do you know where id get a mount to add on for the other lnb

• Advertisement

is it ok that the sky dish has the astra?? Can the two be run off the one dish ok? Do you know where id get a mount to add on for the other lnb

oh sorry i thought ya said ya had two dishes
    ya can buy a lnb which picks the two up but there expensive
    heres one
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/TM-2M-SINGLE-MONOBLOCK-LNB-High-Performance-technomate-/110635600315?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item19c26549bb

or ya could stick up two dishes there easy enough get as someone always has one spare

was talking to one of the lads in work he has a spare dish if ya want it

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭gymman39

i have a spare dish as well if you want it..im in clara

gymman39 wrote: »
    i have a spare dish as well if you want it..im in clara

sounds good because hes not sure if its still in his dads shed
    hes checking later
    is the bracket for the wall with it to
    i can collect it tomoorow on the way back from athlone or if your in athlone tomorrow i can meet ya

do u still need tv teds digits dusty

do u still need tv teds digits dusty

ah no, daithi55 is goin to sort it for me i think. Very sound of him. Thanks anyway storm. How are things goin? Supermacs the cravings;)??

I am acting like a nut.

Yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about how much I needed a slice of cheesecake. It was playin in my mind, all day. Then - when I went to get it on my 20 min break - it was raining, and i wouldnt have had time to go all the way there. I started to cry. Over a slice of cheesecake...

But then I had it for lunch, and cheered right up!!!

Supermacs muffins and icecream - oh man, sexual!

how are you and your little woman?

I am acting like a nut.

Yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about how much I needed a slice of cheesecake. It was playin in my mind, all day. Then - when I went to get it on my 20 min break - it was raining, and i wouldnt have had time to go all the way there. I started to cry. Over a slice of cheesecake...

But then I had it for lunch, and cheered right up!!!

Supermacs muffins and icecream - oh man, sexual!

how are you and your little woman?

not too bad at all. She learning lots of words now. 'bitch' was one her mammy wasn too happy about but she dosn say it anymore thank god:):) dont talk to me about cravings lol. 4am. 'dusty get me a glass of orange juice', 'you woke me up for a drink? The kitchen is 5yards away!'. Good times ha ha

at least the orange juice wasn't going straight on her hips lol. i just wish i could crave something healthy, and not something so high in calories, i feel suicidal thinking about it!

kids are gas.. the one bad word you let slip and they have it off straight away, lol. how old is she now

wow this thread is going way off topic lol

did ya clear your pms dusty il try pm ya again anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement