Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heading to Australia May 2011

Options
  • 07-02-2011 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey

I am heading to Oz in May (2011) on a working holiday visa. Going on my own and wondered if anyone else was in the same boat? :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 TheDudez

Headin to sydney myself in April but getting sponsored by a company!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fi2011Oz

lucky u:) its great knowing u have a job to go to. i didnt even go down tat road, just got the working visa and see what happens from der:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 TheDudez

Well from what I hear its pretty busy out there so u should have no problem finding work, im heading to sydney and I hear theres loads of work out there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

TheDudez wrote: »
    Headin to sydney myself in April but getting sponsored by a company!:D
    Dude are you being sponsored from Ireland , thats rare what field are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'm doing something similar to Dudez. Moving in July and will have sponsorship sorted by then. The company I work for in Ireland have offices in Australia and an opportunity came up for me to move to them

I'm going to Perth initially then on to Melbourne by the end of the year and staying in Melbourne long-term. Have a few friends in Perth but don't know many in Melbourne. I'm sure I'll be about this forum a good bit between now and then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 jimmyrabbit88

he man am hopefully heading over there before the summer have my visa got but no flights yet still looking inta where bouts to go sud be gud times tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Jimmy welcome to boards , hope we can be of assistance.

However use that much text speak again and I will have to kill you ... [smiley wink here]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I'm heading over by myself in April, I'm off to Townsville where I might have a job, just booked my ticket today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

I'm heading over in July, I've only booked flights to Bangkok so far, probably stop off there for a week to chill before getting to Melbourne.. hoping to avoid staying in hostel dorms when I get there.. however it would be a good starting point to meet peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LittleT

Hey I'm flying into Sydney in June on a WHV, going solo, really looking forward to it but also totally nervous at the same time!! Probably going to stay in a hostel initally until I secure work in my profession. Hopefully bump into a few other Irish newbies when I get there for a taste of home!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Righthook73

Hi lads,

anyone know if there are any jobs going for those of us who dont have any qualifications? Was think of hitting Brisbane side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dirtyboots88

was just nosing thru the messages!! im headin over to sydney n 4 weeks n was just wondering to those that are goin soon, have ye got vaccinations?? im not sure wot ones i need 2 get!! ne help wud be appreciated!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭byrner51

hey all im in sydney at the moment been here since before christmas.if your planning on coming here without job arrangements dont worry about it theres loads of work here!!

anyone with any questions on where to stay etc id be more than happy to help.
    think somebody posted a question about what vaccines are needed?that depends on what areas your going too just pay a visit to your doctor and he will sort it all out for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

was just nosing thru the messages!! im headin over to sydney n 4 weeks n was just wondering to those that are goin soon, have ye got vaccinations?? im not sure wot ones i need 2 get!! ne help wud be appreciated!! :)

You don't need any for Oz .... asia yes, oz no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dirtyboots88

byrner51 wrote: »
    hey all im in sydney at the moment been here since before christmas.if your planning on coming here without job arrangements dont worry about it theres loads of work here!!

anyone with any questions on where to stay etc id be more than happy to help.
    think somebody posted a question about what vaccines are needed?that depends on what areas your going too just pay a visit to your doctor and he will sort it all out for you :)

Hey Byrner51! Im headin to Sydney the end of april! we dont have any jobs sorted but we'l prob stay in a hostel for a few days to get settled. We'l like to stay in Sydney for a while so if you could suggest any decents spots to stay or like for a place to rent..wot suburbs are suitable!!
    I went to my doc to ask him what vaccinations i would need, he couldnt tell me so im stil at a loss really..maybe if i just get an updated tentus it would be alright! We'l prb tavel around but we won't be out in the outback! Just going to work! What line of work are you in?
    :)

Advertisement