Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeder Sat night in the Academy

Options
  • 07-02-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Once again a blinding gig by Feeder, never disappoint and just get better and better live

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Was there a good turnout? Can't believe I havent seen them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 bperry

Yeah pretty full, dont think it sold out tho, got my tickets sat morning and there was a few left.

Great gig, Taka rockin the long locks......

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea was thinking about going cause i was in town all day but after getting drenched in the rain and was tired i just got the bus and went home. Seen them at Oxegen 08 and they were great , presume they will turn up this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Was it just the tree of them or do they still have that 2nd guitarist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

They were awesome. That was the craziest crowd I have ever seen in the Academy. Security did nothing to control the crowd. At Feeder back in August, I got told off just for jumping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Im a huge feeder fan since Swim and Two Colours, have seen them everytime they've played here but for me they were good but something was lacking.They lack the energy that they used to. Too much of a professional (get through it gig) though i agree the crowd were going crazy so kudos to them.

Id just like to see a bit of spontaneity in their gigs, at times its like just listening to a cd. I mean its not as if they never incorporated it into their live show, just look at 2008 shows e.g. Oxegen or Reading,when they incorporated Foo Fighter songs into their own, albeit for about 20 seconds but its touches like that make a show!

Dont get me wrong they are as tight as a nut live and always have been.Have a look at some youtube videos from reading 2001 and theres this energy they have there that they don't seem to have anymore.But thats just me voicing my opinion.

IMO they BADLY need dean tidey back as live guitarist, adds a whole lot more, new stand-in drummer damon is a powerhouse though!

New song was good though that they played Borders

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Yep that was an epic gig, insane crowd at it, all that we were missing was some crowd surfing! I must have seen them live 7 or 8 times by now, and this was right up there with one of the best gigs of theirs!

In terms of the setlist, Feeder always play it safe, which is a pity as they have such an amazing back catalog of songs, 7 full albums, and anyone who is a Feeder fan will know that the quality of their B-sides is amazing also! From reading up on the feeder fan site, they have been playing Breed by Nirvana at some of the gigs on this tour, we didn't get it played though. Grant wouldn't be the most charismatic of characters either (in comparison to say Dave Grohl, even Tim Wheeler!), which doesn't help, but meh it was still an amazing gig!

What is the name of the new song??? Grant said it was White City Rock in Dublin, but then he called it Borders in Liverpool two nights ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7nVz-aSyg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Every other place seems to get Breed after Just A Day. I think Feeder were being rushed as they cut 2 songs from the setlist that were played in Belfast the night before and Liverpool and Leeds the next 2 nights. Could this be the Academys fault as they wanted to quickly set up the venue for Propeganda?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Yeah i think its a pity considering the quality of the b sides, some of which are better than the tracks they put on their the albums! Echo Parks B-sides were amazing i thought.

Yeah i know Grant isnt exactly charismatic,I like him as a humble frontman, just a bit of more thought with other aspects such as setlists and stage show with regards live touches if you know what i mean?

For example white stripes used to play gigs without a setlist, i know that this is an extreme and there were only 1 of them and half a drummer. I notice a few bands are now just playing full track listings from their first albums with dedicated shows. Polythene and YWTS would be deadly! One can dream though

Anyway not detracting from the fact it was a good gig! Fingers crossed for the next album.

From what i read on FFS boards i dont think they have a concrete name for the new song, e.g Borders/White City Rock/ Jesse/.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Yeh I remember Metallica playing the whole of the Master of Puppets album in the RDS to mark 20yrs of its release, that was great surprise and the crowd was well up for it.

Would it work with Feeder, I don't know, last Saturday was amazing up by the stage but there probably would be a lot of people who only know the bigger feeder stuff not happy and that would take away from the whole atmosphere. If they announced they were going to do something like that in the UK and have it a smaller more intimate show with only true fans I would be at it in a heartbeat.

Taking about just dreaming ha, My ultimate Feeder gig would be all B-sides ha! Purple, San deigo, Rain, Slowburn, Circles etc!!! Theres more chance of a Beatles reunion gig then that though ha!

• Advertisement
Advertisement