Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No post available

Options
  • 07-02-2011 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

No post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

So these people are able to hold up progress in this region for 11 years. What about the public of the region who depend on a high quality electricity network? Why arent all the landowners objecting to the pylons which is nearly complete from what I know. Where is the "science based evidence"? Planning permission has being granted for this and that is the law. Seem to be the same kind of people as from "shell to sea" who hold the country to ransom.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I could be wrong but I don't remember ever hearing that there was conclusive evidence that proves that powerlines affect health negatively. Even if there was burying the cables wouldn't negate this. The reason they don't want to bury them is because it will increase the cost massively. I don't want the ESB spending huge sums of money un-necessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Especially tax-payers money. In all fairness the ESB do a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

In general it is 10 times more expensive to bury the cables.

If they are to put all these cables underground it will hugely increase the cost of electricity.

There are similar electric pylons all accross the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

OP has removed their post. Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement