Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average age of players

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

mickoc wrote: »
    I am 32 and getting alot of slack of the wife for playing xbox one. I cant see the problem, am I to old for this now or something?

Would she rather you sat around and watched soap operas and reality tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BmCon

sink wrote: »
    I'm old enough to have had santy bring me a new NES.

I'm so old santy brought me a spectrum 16k.

YES!!! 16k! The power was out of this world. At the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Would she rather you sat around and watched soap operas and reality tv?

Or spent all night in the pub with the lads? They don't know when they have it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I have had to curtail how much I play since having kids but that's OK as I know in a few years time i will be sitting down enjoying Mario and the likes with them :-)

I still game most evenings when they r gone to bed, my wife actually enjoyed playing through Max: The curse of brotherhood with me and has no problem with gaming as long as it doesn't interfere with our everyday lives, a good balance is all that's needed.
    I rarely if ever go out drinking anymore and I enjoy spending some of my disposable income on some good games which provide great entertainment, you would spend a 100 Euros on a night out these days I'm told, a game could last us months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mickoc wrote: »
    I am 32 and getting alot of slack of the wife for playing xbox one.

Given how old this thread was before you bumped it, everyone who posted before you is 3 & a half years older than they were when they posted :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I slightly fell out of gaming for since the start of the next gen but have come back big time in the last while.

i'm 22 but like tony i'd rather spedn my money on games than drink as i get more enjoyment out of playing a game with a few lads then falling over drunk with the lads and dying the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I fell out of gaming completely in my mid 20's, just was not interested at all. I'm 30 now and hand on heart, i'd rather play a few games with the friends i've made through gaming, and the friends that i've always had that are still gaming, than go out and see the same drunken faces every week. Don't get me wrong, i do like the odd pint every now and then but on the whole, like dunworth1 above, i'd rather spend €70 on a game and remember, and enjoy it, than pi$$ it against a wall and not remember it. And tbh, i don't get much slack from the missus over it, i try and play when she's playing tennis or working, healthy game/life balance and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

Myrddin wrote: »
    Given how old this thread was before you bumped it, everyone who posted before you is 3 & a half years older than they were when they posted :o

I feel grand about playing I just wish the other half understood a bit more. I can see there seems to be a good balance of people staying in and spending some time just messing around gaming then going out on the piss, thats exactly how I feel now. The next generation console are class, I cant wait for GTA now on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ok I let it go once, but no more.

If you're 'getting slack' you're being given freedom - as in a longer leash. not the other way round.

I like to be as pacific as possible with expressions:D

and yes, that joke was intentional.

ba dum tish.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

Ok I let it go once, but no more.

If you're 'getting slack' you're being given freedom - as in a longer leash. not the other way round.

I like to be as pacific as possible with expressions:D

and yes, that joke was intentional.

ba dum tish.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

As a member of the 40-45 club, I'm old enough to have played Elite on the ZX Spectrum, F19 Stealth Fighter on the Amiga, Championship Manager 2 and Total War: Rome on the PC and COD, FIFA and Assassins Creed on the 360.

I only buy 2/3 titles a year and play mostly on winter nights when the kids are in bed and my missus is watching something else. I've already had the XB1 conversation and the response was positive (provided I get her a telly for the bedroom)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Another old fart here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I'm that old that I'm in bed now:rolleyes: (feckin nightshift) my first "console" was a commodore 64, back when God was a young lad. I can remember loading the tape took longer than playing the game. Just checked it out on wiki, on release it cost $600 then, that's $1,500 in today's money:eek:. And we thought the Xbone was expensive.
    P.S. I'm closing in on the half a century;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I slightly fell out of gaming for since the start of the next gen but have come back big time in the last while.

i'm 22 but like tony i'd rather spedn my money on games than drink as i get more enjoyment out of playing a game with a few lads then falling over drunk with the lads and dying the next day

There's nothing better than trying to turn on the Xbox when your tanked then falling asleep even before the game loads up.
    Playing g the next day after a feed of beer will wipe out any good work that you have done that week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

calex71 wrote: »
    Lol me too, except that year I got an Amstrad cpc 464 with green screen :(

It had whopping 4mhz cpu :pac:

holy crap that was my first pc too...... think i still have the original Football Manager with George Best and Frank Stapleton and MASK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I'm old enough that Santa brought me my Atari 800xl.
    A whopping 64kb of ram.

Advertisement