Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 NAT type issue

Options
  • 07-02-2011 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

I've got a problem with my PS3 and trying to get a NAT type 2 connection. I've tried forwarding the necessary ports on both my modem and router, I tried adding the PS3 to the DMZ and I tried using PPPoE on the PS3. So far, nothing has worked and it really is breaking my heart!

The setup I have here is a ZyXEL modem which is hooked up to a Linksys wireless router. If I'm forwarding ports do I forward them on the router, the modem or both? Does one overwrite the other?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You need to put the Zyxel in bridge mode (if it does it) so the Linksys is the only device natting, as it is both are natting which is why its not working. Port forwarding twice will be problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Thank you. I'll see about putting the modem in bridge mode; it's not an option I've seen before, but I'll give it a look.

Advertisement