Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours kittens not being looked after

• 07-02-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

We have some neighbours who have a cat that they obviously didn't neuter (issue number 1) and she has since had a litter of kittens. She is obvioulsy an outdoor cat, and seems in very good health and is very friendly. There are 2 kittens with her, about 7/8 weeks old and they are also outdoors most of the time.
    I've walked past the house and the little ones are so friendly, in a way they seem to have no 'sense' i.e anyone could take them. They are also a little underweight. But they clearly belong to this family...so not sure what I can do about it. The family themselves, well lets just say they are not too friendly and would not be open to conversation.

Now here is my worry. Leaving for work this morning, and I see the 2 little guys following a lady with a pram. She was 'shooing' them away but they kept on following...they were a good bit from home the last time I saw. I wanted my friend to stop the car (car pooling at the moment) but she refused as she was already late for work. I am sitting here with a horrible guilty feeling all morning worrying about the 2 critters.

What can I do here? I already have 2 rescues myself, otherwise I'd keep them. But the other thing is that I think there are kids in the family that own them so they probably love the kittens. I dont want to call a shelter as that would be a worse situation....

I just worry that something terrible will happen to those kittens. Its a case of a family that have no clue about keeping animals and just let them fend for themselves. It makes me so upset that I am welling up here.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Ailishcrehan

this is a horrible situation to be faced with. I know if I was living next to people that let tiny kittens roam, they'd find the kittens had disappeared when they got home from work. Diseases in cats are rampant at the moment and no doubt these kittens are not vaccinated as they have to be 9 weeks old to get their shots so the fact that they are able to follow someone down the street is a little more than alarming. I know what I would do if I came across a kitten on the street...it'd be in my pocket and a safe home would be found for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭FastFuse

There really is little other option than to discuss it with the adult involved. Just be open and express your concerns for their safety. You may be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Cheers guys. These people are not approachable, thats all I can say....if it were anyone else I would call in and offer to help.
    I walked around last night to see if I could find the little guys and no sign of them :(
    If I find them, they will be disappearing for a while......and hopefully homes can be found.

Advertisement