Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historical Geographical info wanted Fedamore

• 07-02-2011 2:24pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone can help me out, I'm a 3rd level student doing a geog project on the parish of fedamore, I'm hoping to look at fedamore - croom - ballyneety area.
    Would anyone have any info on the historical geog of this area, or know where I could access it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Button12

What do you need to know? Have you tried the Granary Library? Its located right beside the entrance to Trinity Rooms. Im pretty sure that they do a lot of local hisory stuff, and may have some maps also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Worth sending an email to these guys, even though its city based

http://www.thomsoc.com/

Fella called Tony Browne who used to be on local radio, and indeed West Limerick radio briefly who seemed to know everything about every parish in the county! Worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

Button12 wrote: »
    What do you need to know? Have you tried the Granary Library? Its located right beside the entrance to Trinity Rooms. Im pretty sure that they do a lot of local hisory stuff, and may have some maps also..

Also Limerick County council at Lissanalta House in Dooradoyle have a stock of books from parishes aropund the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

if you get in touch with pat fitzgerald.....he is an auctioneer , he is from croom and has a great interest in history , maybe he might be able to help you with the croom side of things

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thanks for all the help guys, have loads to be going on with now, so thanks to everyone for pointing me in the right direction.
    #

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

You can overlay historical maps using the interactive maps feature on the OSI website:

http://maps.osi.ie

Advertisement