Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

live night sky streamming site

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

By the way, thanks dublin_daveyboy for the "heads up" about the site.
    +1
    ,just hope they dont start wanting money:eek:,although i would throw them a few squid if it came to it.

Tried the donation tab at the bottom but does'nt seem to bring up a new secure payment window.
    Definitely will throw something towards the site when that is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭dublin_daveyboy

derra wrote: »
    +1

Tried the donation tab at the bottom but does'nt seem to bring up a new secure payment window.
    Definitely will throw something towards the site when that is sorted.
    ah it would be a crime not to give something especially if its a reputable site as calibos said.ive only seen a fraction of the channels so far so ive a lot of viewing still to do its just catching them online is the problem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Registered yesterday but can't login for some reason. Keeps looping me back to the homepage. Anyone else having problems like this???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Registered yesterday but can't login for some reason. Keeps looping me back to the homepage. Anyone else having problems like this???

I did have that problem so I waited a couple of days and tried again, all ok now.

The applications may be getting vetted manually????
    :confused:

Did you get it sorted?,it seemed to work for me fine anyway.

• Advertisement

Rubecula wrote: »
    The applications may be getting vetted manually????
    :confused:

yeah i reckon its done manually,have'nt been on the site ina while anyone see anything decent?

yeah i reckon its done manually,have'nt been on the site ina while anyone see anything decent?

Last night there were some nice galaxies and open clusters on a couple of sites. Unfortunately I only got a few minutes online and I didn't take notes on which sites I visited. They were very good pictures though:)

Rubecula wrote: »
    Last night there were some nice galaxies and open clusters on a couple of sites. Unfortunately I only got a few minutes online and I didn't take notes on which sites I visited. They were very good pictures though:)

Its a site for night owls,there does be 5 or 6 channels live its just a pity its so late.i got a celestron 800 cpc today im in over me head with this thing so its good to be able to ask the pro's questions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Did you get it sorted?,it seemed to work for me fine anyway.

Never did get it working. Registered fine with confirmation emails but when i login it always loops back to the start page.

Never did get it working. Registered fine with confirmation emails but when i login it always loops back to the start page.
    thats strange maybe you should just start again and set up another account,worth a try.

• Advertisement

I had a little problem originally by misspelling my user name. (I have a hyphen in it that I kept forgetting about) Is it possible you missed out or added something to the user name or password?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Its a site for night owls,there does be 5 or 6 channels live its just a pity its so late.i got a celestron 800 cpc today im in over me head with this thing so its good to be able to ask the pro's questions.

Go and register at Cloudynights forums

http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/Cat/0

Its THE astronomy forum on the internet. There are other great forums like the UK's Stargazerslounge.com and our own Irishastronomy.org is good for communicating with local astronomers and finding out whats going on locally. However US based CN forums is the most popular. Most people seem to have their own local astronomy forum that they frequent and then Cloudynights. So the British lads will post on their on Stargazerslounge and also on Cloudynights. the Aussies will post on their own ICEinSpace forums....and Cloudynights.....a lot of us will post on Irishastronomy.org....and Cloudynights etc etc

The sections you should start off looking at are the beginners section and the Cats and Casses section. This is the forum for SCT type scopes like your CPC800. You'll have answers to your questions within minutes or hours posting over there because its so busy. Spend a few nights reading posts and asking questions over there and you'll be up to speed on your scope in no time.

thanks for that link calibos hours of reading to do on there,ive come across that site many times when searching on google just never looked into it more.a whole forum section for the cpc gps so ill be having a good read into it,great help thanks again

I was observing the sun today and there was 3 absolutely huge sun spots in a triangular shape with about 4 or 5 much smaller ones scattered inside the triangle shape,i could also clearly see them moving across the sun,im standing there thinking holy sh1t im feeling the heat right now off these things,crazy.

Advertisement