Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

List of ICCC meets are out

• 07-02-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭

See iccc.ie and click on Meets on the left hand side.

I suppose if you're unsure about the whole idea you could pop along to one of the commercial sites on the weekend they are meeting and have a chat (very friendly vibe).

I'm with Shannonside branch. Across the club as a whole its probably 60% campervans, 40% caravans. Dont know anyone who camps.

Age category varies with Leinster and Leeside having lots of kids, not so much in Shannonside and Corrib.

As havent been in the Caravan Club I cant give an accurate comparison with ICCC, but from the bits I pick up from those who were in both, the Caravan Club might be a bit more formal in its approach. I gather its well worth your while joining the Caravan Club if going to the UK for any period of time, their site also has lots of useful info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Betsy Og wrote: »
    I suppose if you're unsure about the whole idea you could pop along to one of the commercial sites on the weekend they are meeting and have a chat (very friendly vibe).
    We're not sure if it's for us - do they let prospective members come along to a meet to see whether they like the vibe? Just to say, I know you suggest gate crashing, but I more meant officially going to a meet as a trial run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Macy0161 wrote: »
    We're not sure if it's for us - do they let prospective members come along to a meet to see whether they like the vibe? Just to say, I know you suggest gate crashing, but I more meant officially going to a meet as a trial run.

Well, on the commercial sites its not like they book out the entire site (Leinster is the biggest branch by far, so maybe they'd end up booking it out), but I'd say site owners reserve a certain proportion for the general public. So provided the site owner has a space available then you are perfectly entitled to be there, no question of gatecrashing.

I'm not sure tbh re the trial run, I'd guess they'd tell you do as I suggest, book into commercial on the same weeekend. I put a post on the ICCC forum to see if any views there. Its a freely available forum so you can monitor the responses yourself. (again on the left of the iccc homepage below the meets link)

Advertisement