Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin E is closing

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

latenia wrote: »
    It's reopening very soon I hear...

Some good news in these dark and troubled times.............

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Did you hear if it was going to reopen in a similar fashion? Or is it going to be 'changed around'?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

ah I always liked Sin E? Its a pity that its closed down but good news that it will be re-opening though! I wonder too whether it will be changed or not? As the new owners don't really need to change it as it had a very good & regular customer base as it was- so I hope they don't change it too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Reopening on Thursday following a light makeover apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WaterWolf

I used to go to Sin É quite regularly during the week with a group of friends for several years up until about a year ago. It used to be a great place but we found it really went downhill. The drink selection started drying up, the food turned nasty and the friendly staff were replaced by the most unbearable barman who seemed to take great offence if anyone asked him for a drink. Eventually we got fed up and didn't go back. Maybe it's current difficulties weren't all caused by high rents... Anyway it would be interesting to see what changes they are going to make.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

WaterWolf wrote: »
    Maybe it's current difficulties weren't all caused by high rents... Anyway it would be interesting to see what changes they are going to make.

It seemed to be doing a lively trade up until it closed down. I always found the bar staff in there to be good craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Went in yesterday for a pint. It looks pretty much the same - although they've put a TV in the back which I don't remember being there before.

Less choice of beers now though.

The barman was one of the staff from before so hopefully they've rehired the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I went in yesterday for an afternoon pint and not much seems to have changed. They don't do Sparta Pils anymore and the staff are now mostly made up of younger blokes but apart from that it's basically much the same, time will tell if there is any major differences I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Diana_R

do you know if Sin e is open again?I was passing by yesterday and I saw the red sign from outside flashing and some people around the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

Diana_R wrote: »
    do you know if Sin e is open again?I was passing by yesterday and I saw the red sign from outside flashing and some people around the pub.

I don't know if it is. But I do know it's not that difficult to read the previous two posts above yours. And y'know, maybe if the lights were flashing and there were people around, then I'd guess it is open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Popped in here yesterday evening for a pint, my first time in here actually, loved the laid back vibe and the Bob Marley greatest hits album being played.

What's this place like during a mid-week evening? May pop in again next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Charisteas wrote: »
    Popped in here yesterday evening for a pint, my first time in here actually, loved the laid back vibe and the Bob Marley greatest hits album being played.

What's this place like during a mid-week evening? May pop in again next week.

full of zombies.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

full of zombies.......

Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Charisteas start a new thread rather than resurrecting an old one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement