If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV and Speakers

Options
  • 07-02-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

HI Guys,

Due to the great job you did on sorting me out with a new TV and Amp before christmas, ive come back with another shopping list :)

WHat im looking for is as follows.....

A 40-42' 1080p LCD for around 550 euro .... was thinking of something like the Samsung LE40C580 ... or whatever you would recommend.

Also would like a pair of floorstanders .... again something around the 120ero mark as they are not going to be for the main room so quality isnt an issue .... was thinking of something like the Eltax Concept 180's.

And lastly a center speaker .... was thinking of the Cambridge Audio SL40, but again whatever you can recommend around the 140euro mark as this will be to replace an old Wharfdale center i have.

THanks again for all your Help
    Alan

Oh ....... Will also need some speaker cable for the above ... About 15 feet should do.
    Thanks again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there, cheers for the post and hope the new TV and amp are going well.

The Samsung LE40C580 is not a bad TV and certainly good value for money. In saying that, the sound is not fantastic and the sceen is let down by the fact that it's only 50Hz and that is quite noticeable on a 40".

I would suggest that you take a look at the 37" Philips 5405 which has brilliant picture, excellent sound and also has 100Hz scanning. I know this is smaller than you were looking but sometimes you are better to downsize and get something better than going slightly larger and losing out on the quality.

The Philips is currently £449.95 / 544 Euro.

The Eltax floorstanders are good little floorstanders and the only ones that I could recommend above these would be the Wharfedale CR30.4. These are a bit more expensive but they cope with bass a lot better than the Eltax. If the budget doesn't stretch then the Eltax are they way to go.

That SL40 is a brilliant little centre and sexy too so that one's a no brainer.

Let me know what you think on the TV and the speakers and I'll see if there's anything I can do on a system price.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hi Dave, thanks for the quick reply. I'll go with your suggestions so and tAke the Phillips 37' the wharfdale floorstAnders and the centre, can you also add in the 15 feet of good speaker cable and a 5-6 surge protector.

Will have to wait till the 23rd of this month to order though. But it's a guaranteed order. Can you pm me a nice price for all this pls ?

Thanks again
    Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Alan.

PM Sent.

Thanks very much.

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.