Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus from douglas to cork airport

Options
  • 07-02-2011 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I was wanting to know if there is a bus from Douglas to Cork Airport

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I don't think there is a bus from Douglas to the airport, unless you are flying early in the morning then you could get the bus into town and get the bus from there to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Have to go from town with Bus Eireann, a Taxi usually isn't too bad though - usually around €10 from Donnybrook, might be slithly more from the village - no more than €15 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

There isn't a bus between Douglas and Cork Airport. If you need to get to the airport early in the morning you should just get a taxi. Douglas is near enough to the airport so it wouldn't be that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rightofwayed

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm living in Douglas, have no car and I am due to start a new job based on the airport hill soon. Just wondering does anyone know is there a bus from Douglas to the airport hill direction in the mornings or will I have to cycle? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I suppose it depends what part of Airport Hill you will be going. The 206 goes to Frankfield and stops at the end of the Ballycureen Hill. If you are going to be in any of the Industrial Estates on that side of the hill, then that would be close enough. If you are on the Forge Hill side though, it would be a bit of a walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm living in Douglas, have no car and I am due to start a new job based on the airport hill soon. Just wondering does anyone know is there a bus from Douglas to the airport hill direction in the mornings or will I have to cycle? Thanks.

No bus. Closest you'll get is the Airport Bus 226 which stops in Turners Cross on its way to/from Bus station to Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rightofwayed

Thanks for the replies, will look into the 206 as I'll be working close to the beginning of the airport hill.

Advertisement