Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TH42PZ81B user,solutions for irish dtt

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

deadly, the file from post 10 worked, thanks a mill guys , i had given up all this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,119 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Today when I turned on my Panasonic PZ81B, there was a white box in the middle of the screen with red text that said something along the lines of 'Finished Software Update - press EXIT to continue'.

Has anyone else seen something like this recently? Looking at the System Info, the firmware version seems to be the same as it was some years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

cnocbui wrote: »
    Today when I turned on my Panasonic PZ81B, there was a white box in the middle of the screen with red text that said something along the lines of 'Finished Software Update - press EXIT to continue'.

Has anyone else seen something like this recently? Looking at the System Info, the firmware version seems to be the same as it was some years ago.
    Some people on Uk sites have mentioned a software patch for FreeSat Panasonics. No one knows for sure but it is thought to be related to the upcoming move of the FreeSat home transponder onto Astra 2G.

Thanks.

Wow!

Initially I thought the update had done nothing but just now I thought to do a freesat rescan and to my amazement, the BBC HD channels now work!

I wonder what would happen if I did a DVB re-scan? I actually can still get a few of the Saorview channels as I haven't re-scanned since I was able to snag them when they were in test mode. I suppose I could try and find an SD card and do a hotel save and give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

I too saw the firmware update message, but my BBC HD channels have been working fine for years - I have a vague idea I had to do a factory reset or at least a rescan a couple of years ago when BBC changed the parameters of their encoding, either when it went from QPSK to 8PSK or when they changed from DVB-S to DVBS-2, cant recall exactly.

I also battled for a while trying to get the TV to decode Saorview MPEG4 - (the MPEG4 decoder is in there for Freesat) - and I had some limited success using Setedit Panasonic, but gave up in the end, as I was getting things like picture but no sound on some Saorview test channels, or getting the channels in the wrong order - since it is the main family set my meddling time is limited! (Maybe someone with more time may have some success)
    A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I just posted over on another thread about this update. It'll be interesting if it fixes the DVB-T MPEG4 problem.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Thank's Panasonic.

The update left me with no Saorview. The channel listings were still there but there was no picture or sound anymore and each channel was labeled as encrypted. I figured I had nothing to loose and did a DVB rescan and all the TV listings disappeared leaving only radio channels. At least they work.

I have a hotel backup from when I could get the Saorview channels but i suspect restoring from that won't work now.

Very poor effort on Panasonic's part. They could have enabled Saorview but have just been bloody minded about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

cnocbui wrote: »

Panasonic info re FreeSat update

Advertisement