Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where isKnockdromagh?

Options
  • 07-02-2011 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

could anyone tell me where Knockdromagh is. saw a reference to it and know it is near Myshall but dont know where exactly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

If only someone would invent a way of representing a 3D landscape on a 2D image. If only someone would invent a way of representing a large area on a smaller area. Perhaps if someone invented such a thing, they would call it a map ?

If only someone would invent a way of looking for information that they didn't know. Perhaps you could call it a search engine?

:D

Knockdramagh is here :

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Knockdramagh&aq=&sll=52.69376,-6.776161&sspn=0.086249,0.2635&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Knockdramagh,+County+Carlow,+Ireland&ll=52.670865,-6.812553&spn=0.086294,0.2635&z=13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

testicle wrote: »
    If only someone would invent a way of representing a 3D landscape on a 2D image. If only someone would invent a way of representing a large area on a smaller area. Perhaps if someone invented such a thing, they would call it a map ?

If only someone would invent a way of looking for information that they didn't know. Perhaps you could call it a search engine?

:D

Knockdramagh is here :

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Knockdramagh&aq=&sll=52.69376,-6.776161&sspn=0.086249,0.2635&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Knockdramagh,+County+Carlow,+Ireland&ll=52.670865,-6.812553&spn=0.086294,0.2635&z=13

very droll.thanks for the answer. i did do quite a few searches on maps but the source was old and it had the wrong spelling, so the searches didn't work out.so maybe it would have been easier for you to tell me that my spelling was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

very droll.thanks for the answer. i did do quite a few searches on maps but the source was old and it had the wrong spelling, so the searches didn't work out.so maybe it would have been easier for you to tell me that my spelling was wrong.

haha ya have him by the testicle there :P

*grabs coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I would if I had known your spelling was wrong. I had it all typed out before I went looking at Google Maps, and couldn't find it, so I looked around Myshall and found Knockdramagh. At that stage I couldn't have been arsed deleting the rest of my wittiness! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

Too true. Cartographic wit is so hard to find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Assuming you can get to Myshall village, take the road to Garryhill at the bottom of the village (marked Croppy Road). Keep straight out that road and you will come to a long downhill section after 1.5/2 miles. That's Knockdramagh hill. The turn to the left will bring you over towards Rathnageeragh.

Knockdrumagh = Cnoc Druimeach = Hill of the Ridges/Backs *Hill of the thieves*
    Rathnageeragh = Rath na gCaorac = Fort of the Sheep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Thanks to all for the answers. i will have a look next time I am down Carlow way.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

ha! fort of the sheep sounds right. they could have an independent sheep republic up there and whos gonna know!?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

moesyzlak wrote: »
    ha! fort of the sheep sounds right. they could have an independent sheep republic up there and whos gonna know!?

Hey i grew up there :pac:

Advertisement